The tip of the iceberg

PROLOGUE

'Why are you doing this to me?' I screamed the words out, my eyes wide as tears of horror and sheer fear dropped down, my hands tied, unable to even wipe them away, horrifyingly red marks covering every inch of my wrist as I struggled to get out of the captivity that held me tight in its evil grasp. I may be the struggling ship about to drown anytime now, but I refused to go down without the fight. I may be hurt and in pain, but I was not dead. At least not yet!

'Shut up!' my captor, the man I had come to despise more than anyone on this planet- living or dead, growled back at me, his eyes menacing as he gritted his teeth in anger and disgust, similar to that mighty lion looking down at a weak harmless deer.

'Answer me, you, fucking coward!' I spat at him, a sudden bout of courage taking me by surprise. I was already a prisoner here. What worse could happen?

When you are already at rock bottom, there is absolutely no space to fall any lower, so you might as well do what you want!

Makes sense, right?

'I don't answer to you.' he stated, his voice a deadly whisper, the silent warning in his tone going unheard in front of my stubborn need for answers.

Why was I here?

I wanted to know.

I needed to know.

'Of course,' I gave out a humourless laugh, shaking my head in mock amusement. 'I know all about this "boss" of yours that pulls the strings in here! You being a mere slave to him. I have ears, I will let you know. I hear you talking to him each night. Anyhow, do you even shit every morning after your boss gives you the permission to shit? Please tell me. I want to know.' I smirked, waiting to hear his response.

SLAP!

It came out of nowhere, the smack across my face, so loud and fierce that I could hear the sound of the smacking reverberate through this massive-sized barren room, silence being the only thing heard till miles away.

'I told you to shut up!' he glared at me. 'You are nothing but a miserable ant lying on my path. I can easily stomp you and walk away, without a concern in the world. Remember that, and next time, keep your questions to yourself. No one cares!'

With that, he walked away and out of the room, leaving me there behind, helpless and in pain, the stung on my cheeks still clear in my mind as tears dropped down, that being my only constant reaction to every problem these past few days.

What was new here?

Wasn't this the new reality of my life?

Being tied and locked up in this stinking abandoned warehouse type- cabin, my captor, the only person I had seen now in weeks, the sight of him no gift to my eyes.

I had always considered my life to be the monotonous and boring kind, but maybe, I needed to do some thinking back on that.

For this, definitely did not fit in the realm of expected and normal.... well, obviously! 

                                                       1 THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY STORY

'Hey, you! I am going to miss you!'

I let out a laugh, turning slightly to look at my roommate and best friend, Cheryl, an eyebrow raised in mirth.

'You do know that I am returning post the summer, right?'