23

Vote ♡︎

Alanna's POV

Alanna's POV

"So that's your work for today guys, finish it before the period is over" Ms.Lopez, my English teacher, said before opening some book. I sighed and turned on my computer to finish my 30-question assignment. Finals were next week and we were graduating in a month so I had to focus as much as possible.

Trey wasn't here today again and I was a bit worried because what if he was seeing other girls. Whenever he wasn't around me I felt separation anxiety about what is possible he could be doing. He told me he was picking me up after school so I could retwist his dreads. My mom has dreads and she made me retwist them for her so that wasn't a problem for me.

And today I finally came up with the courage to decide to bring up his mental disorder when I see him. It was something that had to be brought up, especially since I wanted to make sure he was taking his medication and getting the help I knew he needed.

"Whatchu doing after school?" Dom said looking up from his phone at me. "Trey wants me to twist his hair, he's gonna pick me up" He frowned. "Oh um, I was going to ask if you wanted to go to the park with me after school. Just to do homework or something. Walk around I don't know"

"Well, um, I'm free tomorrow" I don't understand why he wanted to go to the fucking park but okay. "Yeah that's cool I guess"

The class soon ended and Dom walked me out. I didn't want Trey to see him and get mad so I just made him drop me off in front of the school and part ways. Trey was waiting outside his car for me. "Hey princess" He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head. "I already told your mom you're going with me" My eyes widened. "You have her number?"

"Hell yeah," We got in the car and began to drive. I smelled perfume, I wasn't wearing perfume.

"Yeah, last night my mom was pissed" With that, all the memories from last night came back to me. I guess school helped me not focus on them since I was talking to friends and stuff. "I-its fine" It wasn't, but Mya said it was expected, guys talk to other girls until they get into relationships. We weren't in a relationship.

__________

I sat on his bed, twisting his hair with his head between my legs. He smoked a blunt and had music playing on his TV. He wasn't in a bad mood or anything so I knew it was a good time to bring it up. I was basically done anyway.

"Damn stop pulling my hair so hard before I pull on yours," He said before inhaling his blunt. I rolled my eyes. "I'm barely tugging it" I chuckled putting more gel on my hands.

How was I gonna start this?

"Can I ask you something?" Oh my god, that was so suspicious. "What bruh?" Already mad. "I saw some pills on your dresser one night and it had your name on it, and I kind of read it" He stiffened in front of me, something he did before he got mad. Sigh. "And what about it? Why were you looking at my shit?"

"I was just curious to see what m-medication you had. You know I don't like it when you take drugs but those are prescriptions and I understand you have a disorder-"

"Alanna shut the fuck up, and do it now."

Exactly why he needs his medication. I knew it was his illness talking and not him but all I want to do is help him take it, I like him a lot, shit I think I love him and I don't like to see him like this.

"I know I have multiple mental illnesses but all the pills gone do will make me lose my personality so no, I'm not taking them"

Multiple?

"No it won't, it will help-"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up? I'm done talking about it, finish what you were doing, always ruining the mood" I shouldn't have said anything. My phone dinged indicating I had a text, and before I could check it, Trey took it from beside me.

"Ya mom said you need to be back in an hour cause you got school. What's your password so I could text her" I know I let Trey get away with a lot but my phone password was off-limits. "I am not telling you, give me my phone," I said jokingly trying to take it from him.

He stood up and I could tell he was serious. He turned around, most likely trying to type in a possible password that I knew wouldn't work cause my password wasn't easy. All of a sudden I heard my phone go off again but this time in his hands.

Probably just my mom double texting me.

"Nigga you got Dom texting you bruh? Nigga talm about are ya'll still gone walk to the park tomorrow, the fuck?"

"What's wrong with walking in the park?" He sucked his teeth putting my phone in his pocket. "You ain't getting yo shit back til I get your password. Nigga, you just don't get it do you?" I rolled my eyes. "We're not dating, what's wrong with walking at the park?"

"That doesn't matter dumb bitch, when you're talking to a nigga at all you don't suppose to be out with other niggas. You look like a fucking hoe right now, even if I showed your mom this shit she'd be disgusted"

I instantly went quiet, Trey got disrespectful before but never like this. Never like this. I wanted to bring up Illiana texting him last night but if I did, he'd get even worse and I'm not sure how far his anger could go and I don't think I want to test it.

"Let's go bruh, and you ain't going out with no nigga tomorrow so get that out your head. You should be taking this medication, not me." Honestly, I would understand if I and Dom had a past of being flirty or romantic, but we've been nothing more than friends ever since we met. I walked down the stairs behind him until we got in his car. He looked more pissed off than I've ever seen him.

"You acting just like Illiana."

___________

The drive to my house was scary. He was fast and for a minute I was wondering if he'd even take me home like I wanted him to. I felt like he'd take me somewhere else and probably hold me hostage or something. He even still had my phone. I was tired of screaming over it and I had another paid-off iPhone upstairs that I could use until his 'mental episode' was over. But we were here. I gathered up my stuff and tried opening the door, but it didn't budge. "Can you unlock-"

"I ain't unlocking shit without this password, so give it to me. You were looking through my shit so I could look through yours, right? That's how shit goes huh?" I stayed quiet, he was taking one message too far. "I have to be in the house it's my curfew."

"I don't care, you ain't seeing your momma again til I get your password, the fuck" In this situation, I had no choice, so I just gave it to him. I was crying in front f him, I didn't want to but it wasn't like I could help it.

"I don't think you need your phone back tonight. Maybe tomorrow" He unlocked the door for me to finally get out, tears all down my face. Stuffing my phone in his pocket "Stop crying, I should be crying bitch, tears don't faze me, you should be praying I don't find anything in this phone though"