Potted Love

Amity woke up bleary eyed to the sound of the blaring alarm on her phone. Reaching out, Amity grabbed her phone on the nightstand and groggily turned off the alarm. She put the phone back down and rolled on her other side.

She lazily reached out her hand looking for her girlfriend next to her only to find the spot empty. Still with her eyes closed, Amity started to prod around thinking Luz must be somewhere on the bed but soon realized that she was not.

The lilac haired girl slowly opened her eyes and took in the sight of her shared room.

The room was bare with only two nightstands on either side of the queen-sized bed. But the room should soon be filled once the pair unpack the boxes sitting in their apartment. Amity also thought about how they should also go shopping for decorations, but she was pulled out of her thoughts on the smell of bacon infiltrating the room.

Amity got out of bed and sluggishly made her way into the kitchen to find Luz cooking breakfast on the stove with her back turned away. Amity quietly snaked her arms around Luz which made said girl let out a surprised yelp. Luz let out a huff and returned to the food she was cooking.

"You can't keep sneaking up on me Ams." Luz said gently.

Amity only responded with a huff as she further sunk into her girlfriend, resting her head on Luz's shoulder. They stayed like that until Luz felt Amity put more weight on her. Knowing her girlfriend was falling asleep, Luz shook her shoulder causing Amity to wake up.

"Hm, what?" Amity asked deliriously.

"You were falling asleep on me."

"I did not."

"Did too."

Before Amity could counter a yawn escaped her mouth.

"Amity you're obviously tired, go sleep on the couch and I'll wake you up when breakfast is done." Luz asserted and knowing there was no other option Amity complied, but not without a grumble.

Luz let out a slight giggle as she watched Amity trudged over to their couch and promptly flop onto it, and soon enough Luz heard soft snoring coming from Amity. She then put her focus back into the food in front of her, concentrating on making sure that all the bacon was cooked evenly.

Once done, Luz silently walked over to a sleeping Amity who is curled up in a ball. Luz gently moved the girl's hair out of her face and pressed a kiss on Amity's forehead, which made Amity slowly open her eyes.

"Morning Cariño, breakfast is ready." Luz whispered. Amity rubbed her eyes and got off the couch. The pair made their way to the little table made for two.

Amity instantly started to pile food on her fork. She loved Luz's cooking since it had way more flavor than the cooks at Blight manor ever added. Luz just ate her food at a normal pace unlike Amity. Said girl had a mouth full of food while trying to talk and Luz had no idea what she was saying.

"Uh, I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what you said." Luz said with a laugh. Amity took a big gulp and laughed a little with Luz.

"I said, we should go to the market to pick some decorations since this place is really bland." Amity stated before she continued to eat. Luz hummed in agreement as she went back to finishing her food too.

After the two finished eating and doing the dishes, they got ready for the day, and now Luz was waiting for Amity to be done getting ready in the bathroom. But Luz knows that her girlfriend will take an extra fifteen minutes to make sure she looks absolutely perfect no matter what. So, Luz waited until Amity emerged from the bathroom ready to and left their apartment.
———
"Tan lindo! Amity look at these plants!" Luz said rushing off to a store in the distance. Amity caught up with Luz as she was picking up two small succulents in colorful pots.

"These are perfect!" Luz said with stars in her eyes. Amity just grinned and nodded while Luz squealed and rushed off to the counter to pay. Amity was happy that Luz was overjoyed with the plants.

After that, the couple continued walking around the market looking for more decorations before heading back to their house, hands full of shopping bags.

They spent the rest of the day making their home feel cozier than its barren origin. By the end of the day the house was livelier and more colorful. They had placed posters and paintings along the walls, and they had placed the two succulents on their small dining table.

The place still needed more furniture and that's exactly what they did, Amity added more clutter and furniture around the house while Luz kept adding to her plant collection.

She had a variety of plants ranging from orchids, and roses to mushrooms and some moss. They even had a vine crawling across the wall.

It was easy to tell that the house was covered in plants, but Amity didn't mind that much until one day she reached into her nightstand's drawer to grab her glasses but instead of her glasses, she grabbed a cactus.

She yelped from the surprise attack to her hand, Amity investigated her drawer to see a tiny cactus right next to her glasses.

Amity huffed and got out from under her counter and walked into the living room where Luz was watching tv.

"Luz, why is there a cactus in my nightstand?" Amity questioned the girl.

"There was no other place to put it." Luz muttered sheepishly.

"So, you put it where my glasses go?" Amity laughed out which caused Luz to blush with embarrassment.

"I am now realizing my mistake." Luz groaned out, putting her hands up to her face. Amity only laughed and she flopped next to Luz on their coach.

"It's ok, just don't put cactuses in places I can't see. Especially without my glasses." Amity teased as she sunk further into her coach feeling sleep take over.

"Ok, I won't amor." Luz spoke softly as she played with the sleeping girl's hair. But once Amity was fully asleep, Luz put a small potted lavender plant with googly eyes on its base on Amity's head before going back to watching tv.

Potted Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें