long live the queen

A queen is both: deadly and graceful, poised and ruthless. Quiet and cunning. A queen offers her hand to be kissed and can form it into a fist while smiling the whole damn time.

─── ELIZABETH ACEVADO, CLAP WHEN YOU LAND

── S U M M A R Y ──

DIANA KING knows her story is meant to be written in the books. She, the first demigod daughter of Hera.

She has read the ancient stories, the legendary Greek tales of heroes and monsters. Achilles, son of Thetis, and Theseus, son of Poseidon, and countless sons of Zeus ─ they were the ones who's names were remembered. But never before has a child like her existed. She is the daughter of a Queen, and her name should be someday revered.

However, Chiron deprives her of that path. He believes her not to be ready for a quest, which, quite frankly, is ridiculous. She knows everything there is to know. She should be the leader of thousands of missions. But Chiron continues to say otherwise. 

Diana spent many long years training relentlessly. She shed blood, sweat and tears, gained injury after injury, scar after scar. She learnt the intricacies of every weapon, the most minute details of every Greek myth, the perfect strategies for every battle situation.

PERCY JACKSON appeared out of the blue one random night, somehow defeated the Minotaur, and within days solidified himself as a living legend.

Percy Jackson received a quest days after his arrival at Camp Half-Blood. He defeated Medusa, survived the Underworld and battled the God of War himself. All the while, Diana remained at camp, practising fruitlessly.

The son of the sea is set to be marked in history as one of the most powerful demigods of his time. Meanwhile, Diana, the daughter of royalty, is brushed aside, isolated and ignored. She should be the hero. Years of her life have been dedicated to perfecting her skills, yet it is the incompetent idiot who gains the title and who claims the glory.

Diana and Percy have never exchanged a word; she doubts he even knows her name. She has every desire for this to remain as such. However, the fates have different plans in mind ─ plans for a change. A change that starts with her first mission: rescuing two half-bloods from Westover Hall.

── C A S T ──

DIANA KING
( daniella perkins )

DIANA KING( daniella perkins )