•Im Born to Run•

"I'm so tired.." Jade groaned as she stretched, careful not to slip and fall off the house she was resting on. The beautiful full moon lit up the town of Bonesborough.

Jade watched as people scurried around the night market, buying and selling the strangest of things. Normally, Jade would escape to the quiet part of town at night, but that night she decided to stay near the market to keep an eye out for anything she'd want to purchase.

The young witch finally caught eye of a woman who was selling jewelry at a booth. Jade carefully slid down the roof, using her palisman staff to jump off the building and safely land on the ground.

Autumn, the grey fox palisman, changed out of its staff and hid in the hood of Jades cloak. Jade began walking towards the booth, keeping a hand over her bag to make sure nobody tried to steal it from her.

Even though a lot of different booths and items caught her attention, she continued to make her way to the jewelry booth, and soon enough, she reached it.

The necklaces, rings and other accessories sparkled under the moonlight. She was looking to get a gift for her mother, since it was her birthday in a few days, but she had enough money to get herself something nice, too.

The woman at the booth showed off the jewelry, explaining their origins and such, although most of them seem to be made up.

Jade eventually settled on amethyst earrings for herself, and a rose quartz pendent, which was wrapped in silver roses. She quickly paid the woman and fled from the booth, keeping a hold of her hood so it wouldn't blow off.

She kept her eyes on the ground as she walked through the streets, being careful not to bump into anyone.

But Jade did bump into someone.

A scout from the Emperor's Coven, to be exact.

Jade started to panic as the scout turned to look at her. Since she.. sorta maybe kinda committed theft multiple times, a few of the scouts could recognize her by face, so she hid under the hood even more.

"Watch where you're going, kid." The scout spoke, seeming annoyed, but at least he didn't seem to be suspected anything.

"I'm.. sorry," Jade apologized, yet it was obvious in her tone of voice that she didn't mean it. She then tried to continue walking, but the scout stopped her.

"What's with the hood? Got something to hide?" He questioned.

"Uhm.." Jade was quick to think of a lie, "I'm just.. Ugly. Like extremely hideous. It's quite embarrassing."

"Well, that's understandable. To be honest, I'm not the most attractive guy either. Have a good night." The scout turned his attention back to the crowd of people and leaving Jade alone.

The witch was confused for a moment, 'How stupid are the scouts these days?' She asked herself as she walked away into the darker, calmer part of the town.

She soon reached her house, to which she frowned at the sight. It wasn't run down or a terrible place, but she hated being in her own home at times. It might've been the lack of freedom, or how unorganized it is, but Jade didn't really know.

With a sigh, she hopped onto her now staff palisman and flew up to her rooms window, where she snuck back in. It was a maze trying to move around all the clutter in her room, but she found a way to her bed. Jade would've stayed up longer to draw, but it was already very late and she did have school the next day.