Sprouting Thoughts

Hoppop comes back to Amphibia, and during his stay with the revolution, him and Grime share a moment together.
ᨳ ୨ ┈・┈・✦・┈・┈ ୧ ഒ

Hopidiah found himself back in his home once more. Albeit, it was underneath his home, but home nonetheless. These past few days had been stressful ones as he worried about the future for his family & Amphibia. The burnt orange frog made his way around the underground hideout—which was surprisingly bigger than he'd expect to lie under his home.

Once packed up and all the kids' items were stored, he watched as his grandkids went off to explore some more. As much as he wanted to explore as well, he was quite fatigued from the trip back and his own anxiety. He laid on the mossy bean-bag like bedding in the corner of the room. Oddly comforting. He felt his eyes slowly drift together and close before waking up to a large, wide shadowy figure rummaging around his room.
"Who are you?!"
The figure jumped before lighting the candle on the table, revealing himself. "I'm so sorry, Hopidiah, I was just storing some medical supplies in here; Captain's orders."

Hopidiah blinked for a minute before he stretched and got out of the mossy bed. "Well uh... thank you, for that." The 'nap' he took was actually well over an hour, but he didn't mind as he felt more refreshed than before. He stood in the doorway of his room while Grime continued to put stuff away. He stared & contemplated the assortment of rooms & winding hallways before him, soon turning to the toad. "Uh... say, er uh.. do you think you could show me around? Just so I can get an idea of what I'm working with here." Grime turned back with his usual stare before giving a small grin. "Sure, follow me."

'God, first I'm on stocking duty and now he's making me show him around? I may have changed—for amphibia's sake—but that doesn't change how much he's honestly toiled my plans thus far... oh well, Sasha will force me to get along with the planters anyways. As usual.' Grime thought to himself, walking with Hoppop down the plain dirt pathways. Hoppop didn't like awkward scenes and usually always attempted to spark a conversation. "So, Grime, what exactly do you do here?" He asked, genuinely. It felt weird even addressing the toad by his name. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" He replied with a slight tone, causing Hoppop to sweat. "Oh, well, I-I just saw Sasha had a role and-" He was cut off by a cocky chuckle from the man beside him. "I'm just joking, Hopidiah. I train the kids for combat in the revolution." Hoppop was slightly red with embarrassment while Grime kept a prideful look. They may be on the same side, but that didn't stop his competitive nature getting in between them.

Hoppop was honestly in awe of everything they accomplished while they were gone. "Say this... this is a really good thing you an Sasha have done here, Grime." Grime's prideful expression soon turned dim as he stared in front of him, just walking. He didn't expect a genuine complement and he never really thought about that until now. For the first time, Grime accomplished something purely out of the kindness of his heart. He had done so many bad things—especially to Hoppop. Why was he complementing him? He smiled softly. "Yeah, I suppose you're correct about that." Feeling himself feeling something that was deep within, locked away.

Hoppop soon made it back around to his bedroom. "Thanks for showing me around, Grime. You're uh.. a good .. cooperative team member." He said, awkwardly before waving with a smile and closing the door. Grime just stood there, not really knowing what to think. He spent so long priding himself against that frog, that stupid little silly farmer frog. But Hopidiah had a kind heart inside. A forgiving heart, a family man, a hopeless romantic. The toad felt his cheeks radiate a soft heat as he walked away, the comments still lingering in his mind. He'd received complements before, so why was this so different to him?