I hate mornings, they ruin everything.

Beep Beep Beep

I heard the alarm go off. Ugh..... I hate Mondays....

I got out of my bed, not bothering to check my alarm clock. I was accustomed to this routine. Maybe it was a bit too early, but I already got used to the daily routine I would be following for the rest of the school year. I barely made it out at freshman year, barely.... just the thought made me cringe.

I shook away that thought and got ready for school. I looked over to my dresser and see the clothes I laid out the night before. I went over and undressed myself and put on my buttoned white shirt, black leggings, blue tennis shoes, and my dark blue blazer, which I tied around my waist. I looked towards the mirror and did my brown hair in a simple ponytail. I looked around my dark room and walked towards the window near my bed and opened the curtains, where the sunlight now bathed my room in gold and yellow colors. Ugh, why do mornings hate me so much...

I thought I was already used to this, but I guess not. Whatever. I headed out of my bedroom and walked downstairs where I saw my cousin, Cody, watching me come down the last steps.

"Rise and shine, Cassie!" he said in a cheery tone. How I wanted to strangle this guy right now...

"Shut up, I'm not in the mood for talking to you this early," I growled as I gave him an annoyed look.

"You two, knock it off! Can't you two stay quiet for like two seconds?" said Victoria, my other cousin.

"Hehe, sorry boss," said Cody with a mischievous glint in his hazel eyes.

"Cassie, would you set the plates?" said Victoria.

"Yeah sure," I replied to her. It was the least I could do to thank both of them of taking me in after I ran away from home...

After setting the plates, I sat down next to Cody as Victoria passed out scrambled eggs on our plates. A jug of orange juice was set on the table and I began to reach out for it. When I finally grabbed it, I felt someones hand below mine.

"Cody!" I shrieked.

"Cassie! I grabbed it first!" he yelled.

"Nuh uh! I did!" I told him.

Then we began to fight for the orange juice when we heard a fist slam on the table. I felt the jug being forced out of my hands.

"You two, shut it before I kick both of your asses out of my house!" said Victoria looking furiously at each of us.

"Sorry, Vicky...," said Cody.

"Yeah me too...," I said.

"It's okay, now continue on eating," she said handing the jug of juice to me.

"Thanks," I told her. Victoria gave me a slight nod as I began pouring juice in my glass.

"Aww, why does she get it before me?" Cody asked Victoria.

"Because, she's a woman. Lady's first, remember?" said Victoria giving the young man a stern look.

I gave a slight giggle and returned to eating the scrambled eggs in silence. I like being here. It gave me a sense of nostalgia remembering those days when the three of us were just little kids... those days that are now out of my reach... 

"Cassie, time for you to brush your teeth and get your bag ready for school," said Victoria snapping me out of my thoughts.

"That's right... there's an assembly at school, isn't there?" Cody said.

"Yeah... an assembly about what?" I asked curious.

"An assembly for electing students for the students council. Probably all the popular kids getting voted again...," Cody sighed.