FIFTY TWO

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Since Cleo became Luna, the pack have been delivering in training sessions

Since Cleo became Luna, the pack have been delivering in training sessions. Pushing themselves to their limits, showcasing their strengths and working on their weaknesses. Cleo certainly haS a different method but it's clearly been working, never have I seen them like this.

We agreed to do joint training today. I haven't had a chance to do it with her since she's been leading them herself and I want to be involved as their Alpha. I'm sure we can teach each other a thing or two.

The training session lasts for a couple of hours, droplets start falling from the sky, making the clearing into a muddy pile of mess. As I look around at my pack, their wolves chests puffing in and out from an intense session, I decide to dismiss them all.

They'd all be covered in mud within a matter of minutes and I dread to think what the pack house will look after.

I watch as they shift back into the human forms, I do the same and put on my clothes. Alfie approaches me and nods his head. "Good session today man," he raises his hand to touch my knuckles. "You worked us hard.

My fist bumps his and I nod. "Yeah it felt good."

Alfie opens his mouth to talk but glances at something behind me, I look over my shoulder. Cleo storms across the clearing, avoiding the patches of mud. Her expression fell, brows tight and lips dipped.

"What's the matter?"

Her arms cross over her chest, stopping directly in front of me. "You completely took out the part that I organised?" She mutters, frustration in her voice.

"I got carried away," I admit. I had got carried away, it's been a while since a training session went that well and I couldn't stop for a minute otherwise I feared I'd lose momentum. "It wasn't intentional."

Boy, she did not look happy. I release a tough sigh as she glares at me. Maybe I hadn't been entirely fair, I do tend to take over when I feel things are going well. It's like I can't stop and I want to push and see even more progress, too distracted to remember what we had agreed for today.

"We planned this session together, you said we'd run training together and you still want to take the lead and ignore my input." Cleo's voice grows louder, I feel Alfie shuffle awkwardly from behind me.

My head shakes. "It's not like that, Cleo and you know it. I didn't ignore your input, I just got carried away. Everything was going so well and I didn't want to change the tempo."

She scoffs and gives me a smile that means she was not pleased with my answer. "You did ignore it otherwise we would have done what I suggested as well. Instead of you just taking control and ignoring the fact that we decided to work together today."

"I said I got carried away, alright?" My tone is a lot harsher than I intended.

Cleo's eyes flinch and she shakes her head in disbelief, looking out to the trees beside her. Sticking her tongue onto the edge of her cheek, like she was trying to stop herself from lashing out.