I'm Your Girlfriend, Mariano

Allowing Mariano to take her out to the Encanto's local bar on one of their dates had been a bad idea on Dolores's part. Her boyfriend was currently on his third glass of wine within the first hour of their visit. Dolores, on the other hand, was already on her second one. And while she found a drunk Mariano to be particularly amusing, her boyfriend became way more of a himbo than Dolores knew him to be.

"Excuse me, camarero?" Mariano called out upon finishing up his third glass, waving over señor Perez. "Can I have another?"

Dolores put her wineglass down, turning her head and giving her boyfriend a sideways glance. "Don't you think you had enough wine, mi amor? You already had tres."

"Cuatro glasses of wine can never be enough," Mariano responded woozily, before promptly face planting on the counter and starting to snore away. Something he typically tended to do when he went out to the bar.

Dolores tapped her boyfriend on his back, quietly mouthing out his name.

Mariano woke up for a moment, looking up at Dolores and blinking rapidly. Trying to focus on Dolores and finally managing to do so. "My, you look beautiful today."

"I'm your girlfriend, Mariano," Dolores said, picking up her wineglass and taking another few sips from it but not putting it back down. Or at least not for a moment. Mariano looked like he was about to fall back asleep, but Dolores held him still. Though still woozy and drunk from those three glasses of wine he'd had, Mariano turned his attention back to Dolores.

"I think you and I should go out on a date," Mariano said, smirking.

"We're literally out on a date right now," Dolores reminded him, letting out a sigh. Typical Mariano, she thought. He was literally always this drunk whenever they went to the bar together but he'd never done anything like this.

Mariano found himself blinking rapidly again. "Really?" he asked. Dolores nodded.

He nodded off and promptly face planted again, right as the bartender brought over his fourth glass of wine. Señor Pérez looked at the sleeping Mariano then to Dolores.

"He's definitely had more than enough," Dolores said, before Señor Perez could even finish speaking. He watched as she helped her still drunk boyfriend up and began to lead him over towards the entrance to the bar. "Come on, mi amor. Let's head back to Casita."

"You're so beautiful." The still drunk Mariano nearly stumbled over. Dolores propped him up against her. "I think we should start dating, be boyfriend and girlfriend..."

"We already are dating and already are boyfriend and girlfriend..."

———

Dolores somehow managed to lead Mariano back to Casita. She softly thanked the sentient home for opening it's doors for her and her boyfriend, and stopped and stared blankly at her tío Bruno, illuminated by the light emanating from the kitchen. The two stared at one another for a moment before Bruno chose to speak.

"Hey Dolores..." Bruno said awkwardly and tiredly, standing just outside the kitchen with an arepa in his hand. It was rather late, so it was worrying to see him up at this hour. "Did you have fun on your date?"

"Yeah....... Tío Bruno, it's almost midnight. Mamá and Tía Julieta'll probably kill you if they figured out you weren't asleep," Dolores replied tiredly.

"Heh, well..." Bruno glanced at Mariano, who was looking up at Dolores as if she was the moon. "Is he ok?"

"I think I love you..." Mariano said drunkenly.

Dolores looked at Bruno pleadingly. "He's been like this all night. I love him, but he's being stupid right now. He forgot we're dating and keeps trying to flirt with me," she explained at her Tío's confused look.

"Ah yes, Madrigal spouse stupidity, nice to see that Mariano has inherited it," Bruno said with a nod and a laugh. "Believe it or not, Agustín and Félix also had a brief period of time when they were younger where they would hit on my hermanas whenever they were drunk. It was just that while Agustín tended to do it a lot more, much to Julieta's amusement, Félix cried when Pepa told him that she was taken once. It was hilarious."

Dolores rolled her eyes. "Well, I have to get Mariano to bed. I can't have him leaning on me all night, after all." She started to drag Mariano over to the stairs, Casita helping with the endeavor.

"Buenos noches, Dolores!" Bruno called after her.

"Buenos noches, tío Bruno!" Dolores called back to him, having finally managed to get her drunk, and apparently still flirting, boyfriend up the stairs. "Please just remember to get some sleep! For someone who spent the last decade hiding out in the walls, I really think you really need it..."