Part One

Layla

I trail my finger along the rim of my glass, and take a swig. It's been a while since I've been here. Not since before I got into a relationship, That little douche had been playing me from the start. God, how could I have actually not seen the signs. He really couldn't keep it in his pants, could he?

An abrupt round of applause breaks me from my trance. I look around the restaurant until my eyes fall onto a couple.

Who just got engaged.

Wow, life really hates me now, doesn't it. I turned back around, downed my glass and stood up to leave. I quickly grabbed my purse and slapped a tenner on the table, a tip for the bartender. He nodded his thanks and continued wiping the counter.

I exited the building feeling dejected and sad, however I did perk up when I did some window shopping. I suddenly stopped in front of a shop window, when i saw the prettiest thing in my life. A pair of rhinestone-encrusted thigh high boots, in a really pretty shade of beige. I absolutely fell in love with it, and I went inside to check the price. I left as quickly as I entered the shop. 1700 quid for a bloody pair of boots? I continued to stare once more at the shoes, and said my goodbye, right before walking away and bumping into someone.

Into him.

It was him.

The douchebag who went and left me right on our two year anniversary. He began to apologise, but upon seeing my face he really began to apologise.
"Layla, I'm so so sorry, I shouldn't have done that, I-I was a dick-" he started.
"Yes," I replied, "You were a dick, Ryan. A fucking dickhead who left me for another fucking bitch on our two year anniversary!!" I was getting angry now, the blood rushing through my veins. Just as I was about to give him hell, a hand touched my arm. I immediately leaned into it, hiding my smirk as my ex boyfriend's mouth dropped open. Mind you, I had no clue who this person was, and, as I smiled, I felt safe in his arm. Ryan got up and dusted himself down, mumbled an apology and left. I took a step forward and turned around to look at who I was leaning onto.

Oh.
My.
Fucking.
God.

He was absolutely beautiful. He had a chiseled jawline, with gorgeous green eyes and a small nose. Lips. Lips that I didn't even know I was staring at until he opened his mouth.

"Are you okay?" His voice had a deep, gruff tone, that of the kind I fell in love with. I nodded, and said my thanks, and just as I turned back around, he grabbed my arm and swung me back around.

Fuck.