ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡᴀꜱ ʜᴇʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ꜱʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛwo ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"So, this wall that we found the carving on, behind it is the girl that you loved?"

Paimon clarified, feeling pity for the Anemo Archon. "Love, Paimon, not loved." He told her, ceasing the strumming of his lyre.

"She was sealed away by a Celestial power, an unknown god, I couldn't open it when I went there." Lumine's eyes widened.

The Unknown God...

An idea struck her. "I think I can open it." She said, standing up and grabbing her sword. Venti blinked doubtingly. "Good luck with that." He said, dejected and sad once more. Paimon and Lumine shared a look before setting off towards the carved cliff wall.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"So how do you plan to open it, exactly?"

Paimon floated in front of the cliff face. Lumine cracked her knuckles, and rolled her neck around. "I was encased in the Unknown God's power for 500 years Paimon, I might have a trace of it left on me." Lumine explained.

"Plus, the 'tears of old' part, I'd bet that means Dvalin's tears." She explained further, pulling out one of the purified crystal tears. Paimon shrugged and nodded, "Worth a try right?"

Lumine held the dragon's tear crystal in her hand and touched the rock, her clothes glowing just as they did the first time. The words on the rock began to glow, and the butterfly carving sprung to life.

It flapped its wings a few times before flying out of the rock face. "Follow that butterfly!" Paimon exclaimed, floating after it while Lumine ran.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Panting, the duo stopped when the stone butterfly came to a halt. The two of them were now in front of a tree that sat on a rock on top of a mountain surrounded by a lake.

It was quite annoying to get to the top.

For Lumine at least, Paimon had no trouble at all.

The stone butterfly relaxed onto the tree and laid out its wings, settling into a butterfly shaped hole. The rock suddenly lifted to reveal a stairway, leading into a dark unknown.

Gulping, Paimon and Lumine exchanged glanced before entering the domain together.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

!Art by Smekalov on DeviantArt¡

Lumine brushed aside the last set of vines in the domain. She was tired from defeating all of the enemies that protected this last chamber, but she pushed on.

Paimon floated ahead of Lumine, and into a magnificent room, filled with greenery and butterflies. And in the center of of the room, was a giant tree, glowing in the dim lighting.

"Hello?" Lumine called, hoping that the girl from the poem would answer. The place was gorgeous, that much she couldn’t deny, but something about it was...off. Either way, Lumine needed to get out as soon as she could.

Seeing as there was no reply, Paimon and Lumine stepped forward, through the bushes and plants towards the tree. "Paimon doesn't think this is the type of place for someone who'll 'suffer for eons to come'..." Paimon stated.

Lumine nodded, guard high and sword ready. They eventually reached the tree. The cracks and gaps in its bark flowed blue, the leaves lush and green.

Was it to lull them in to a false sense of security, Lumine wondered. They began to circle around the large tree, cautious and careful as they searched for the girl of the poem.

"AHHH!"

Lumine drew her sword, jumping directly in front of the screaming Paimon to shield her from the attacker.

Only, there was nobody on the offensive.
There was only a girl.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Holy moly, people are actually reading this??
Damn ALRIGHT HI

I know this was a short chapter but I wanted to switch to the reader's perspective, cuz like

That's the point??

N e  wayz,
Do you prefer the 'you/your' perspective or the 'she/her' perspective. Or even the first person with 'I/Me'?

Lmk so I can make it as enjoyable for you guys as possible :3

THANK YOU FOR VOTING
-  @nxns3nse
- @KairiMi
- @N0n-binary_bitch
- @idiotic_bixtch

AND TO EVERYONE WHO ADDED THIS TO THEIR READING LISTS!!

The next update will be within the next few days so see you then!