Part 1

We would have lived forever by the time this night is over.

I drop the heavy blankets down and topple on top of them. "That's it," I mumble into the plush surface, my voice garbled, "I can't physically carry anything anymore".
From somewhere behind me comes a laugh, followed by heavy footsteps. I sigh and turn around to lie on my back, staring up at the midnight sky.

It was a sight to behold, I noted. Dotted with a few stars if you strained your eyes really hard, but otherwise peaceful and black. High up on this terrace, we were away from all the hustle bustle of the city. And just for now, just for this moment, I could pretend that we were away from all our problems too.
Until my view got interrupted by my cutest problem.

His head popped up milliseconds before he dropped the rest of the heavy blankets on me. My grunt was amplified as he jumped on top of them, adding onto the weight.
"I swear to god, you grow by the minute, GET OFF ME", I laugh, wincing.
He stops moving to gaze at me quietly. I tone my voice down and smile back. He reaches a hand up to brush a stray lock of hair off my face and rubs my cheek gently.
"I think I like having you under me, Duckling", he winks.

Before I can open my mouth to answer, he places a quick peck on my forehead and gently eases off. Leaving me to fight myself out of the blanket mess, he walks towards the ledge of the terrace, and sets down another bag.
Drinks, I pray, please be drinks.
As if reading my mind, he turns and scowls at my hopeful face, "I'm not crazy enough to get us drunk while we're on a fucking terrace, dummy. It's just chilled mango juice"

"Your favorite", I groan, fighting myself out of the mess and straightening up.
"And", he sang, "I got you a little caffeine hit t- OW"
I practically jumped at the Pepsi bottle he proffered, tackling him in the process. As we land to the ground with a soft oomph from him, I snatch it away, cuddling it close to me. Giving him the stink eye, I frown and hug my cold drink close, afraid he'll take it away.

He laughs, surprising me, and wraps both his arms around me. My eyes widen as my body instinctively relaxes and I melt into him. He kisses the top of my head before rocking us back and forth gently.
"You're like a little monkey, you know", he whispers into my hair.
I nod, snuggling in closer to his warm soft hoodie, "You love me anyway", I mumble.
His chuckle sends vibrations throughout my body and I shiver slightly. Immediately, his grip tightens and he looks down with a frown, "Are you cold ??"
I grin. That idiot.

"I'm not, I promise....well...maybe a little", I admit, grudgingly.
He shakes his head, his hair falling into his pretty brown eyes. Absentmindedly, I ruffle them before pushing it back. He presses his lips against the tender skin of my wrist and my breathing hitches. He exhales softly, the air tickling my palm as I shiver, not from the cold this time.
I prop my chin against my other arm as I stare at him, waiting for the next move. He wraps an arm around my waist and another catching my errant hand and pulls us both up.

Now seated, facing him, he pulls my hand back to his lips. Kissing softly, he makes his way from my wrist to my elbow. I gulp and look away, the walls suddenly more fascinating than-
His hand snakes to my chin and gently turns my head to face him. Sitting up, he leans in close, his hot breath chilling me to the core.
"I want you to look at me, duckling, I want to see how I make you feel."

All oxygen has officially left me.
I gulp again, my throat dry as I open my mouth. He gives a shake of his head and I shut up again. He closes his eyes, conflicted.
"As much as I love listening to you talk, open that damn mouth again and I'll be tempted to kiss it"

I close my eyes and lean into him, our foreheads touching now.
"Oops, looks like I opened it", I mutter, smiling.
He lets out a shuddering breath and gets up abruptly, shaking his head.
"You're going to be the death of me", he waggles an accusing finger in my direction.
I scoot back against the blankets as I wink at him. His words lose their impact because of the smile on his face.

It's going to be a long night, I think to myself.