𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

When Alex finally came around from her forced nap, she found herself still in the back of a truck with a pounding headache. A small sigh passed over her lips as she slowly sat up to find an unconscious Spider-Man. The Easton girl didn't hesitate to race to his side. A wave of panic washed over the redheaded girl as she stared at the unmoving boy before she started tapping his cheek without thinking. It wasn't long after that when the Parker boy let out a small groan.

"Oh, my head," Peter muttered under his breath as he slowly sat up, causing Alex to move back a bit in order to give him some space. The speedster watched as he clutched his head and got to his feet while looking around at his surroundings. Another moment passed before the redheaded girl began to wonder if the boy in front of her had any clue she was there. Peter began to look into a few of the metal crates surrounding them before he continued speaking. "Hey, so where am I right now?"

"How am I supposed to know?" Alex responded, making Peter jump and spin around to face her, "I don't even know how long we've been unconscious."

"I, uh...I wasn't talking to you," the brunette boy stated while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck then he continued speaking, "what are you even doing here? I told you I didn't need your help anymore."

"Ned sent me. And considering where we are, you definitely need help. Everything might've turned out differently if you asked sooner," the redheaded girl responded before a confused look appeared on her face, "wait...if you weren't talking to me, then who were you talking to?"

"Uh...the suit lady?"

"The what now?"

Just as Peter was about to answer her question, he froze as if he was listening to someone speak. Alex stared at him with uncertainty on her face before she remembered the communicator in her ear. While the Parker boy continued to have his one-sided conversation, the speedster attempted to contact Atlas, only to receive nothing but silence coming through her earpiece. An annoyed sigh passed over the Easton girl's lips as she leaned back against the metal crates behind her. The longer Alex sat in silence, the more she regretted agreeing to help Peter. All she wanted at that moment was a warm bed and a slice of pizza.

Her thoughts continued to bounce around in her head until they were interrupted by a faint shuffling. When Alex turned her attention toward the sound, she found Peter twirling around in a panicked frenzy. The Easton girl just stared at him for a long moment then she opened her mouth to speak, only for her words to be cut off before they even came out.