Chapter 1: Change

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the characters and Amphibia. Credits to Matt Braly and the crew, to the artists for their artwork!

---

Sleepover ends for Anne but not for the two of the trio. Sasha and Marcy lay on Anne's roof, and the nerd's arm drapes over the stomach.

While the jock wraps her arm around the nerd's neck, pretending to stargaze in a city that never sleeps, LA. They peacefully gaze at the stars fade because of the light pollution.

"It's been a long time since we've stargazed." whispered the nerd.

The jock chuckles softly and pinches the nerd's cheek, "That's because you've convinced me by dragging the heck way here."

"Liar, I did not! You just came here by yourself to me!" Marcy confirms.

Sasha grumbles and frowns; "Say liar again"

Marcy didn't hesitate; "Liar-"

The besties shift their positions to make Sasha tackle and engage in a tickle attack on Marcy.

"Hey, stop that Sash! You're killing me!"

Kicking and wriggling under Sasha's grasp, Marcy smacks the jock's hands flunked to defend herself.

Sasha is incredibly agile and skilled, she used to be a cheerleader and a commander. Stronger and better than before. Who can't blame her? Do you agree?

After a few giggles, and heartwarming late-night chit-chat. Sasha abruptly halts and starts to wander into the view.

"Sasha? Sashy? Sasha~"

Marcy leans into the jock, annoyingly and purposely jabs her ribs.

"Hm?" Sasha snaps out the consciousness and glances at her, the goofy nerd eye pupils twinkle like a cheerful puppy. Sasha nuzzles with her hand her ribs without knowing the cause of the pain.

"What ya thinking know-it-all?" Marcy ask.

The world is hazy, almost felt it isn't real. As if in a deep sleep. Like a dream or a hoax. Or maybe that's the chemical release of sleepy Marcy.

Sasha did not reply, she's been staring at the horizons of the world's surface for too long. A crack from the sun peak in.

Marcy snuggles closer, with a serious soft tone. "Are you okay?"

Sasha hums, "Yeah, I'm good. Strangely, this happens all too fast."

"Heh, is it about you? Me? Anne? Amphibia? The war? And the school?" Marcy snickers

Sasha tilts her head over the nerd's forehead. "Close answers, not bad. Do you remember what we did back in the good old days?"

Marcy reminisces and fondly smiles at their memories. "How could I forget? The girls' day out? It's fun! And the..."

Marcy is thinking, rolling her eyes searching the memory in her head.

Sasha continued, "...The lighthouse, Sawyer and us."

Marcy gives a sympathetic look at Sasha who is hiding her regretful expression, and the tension between the two girls thickens more than a muddled mud.

Well, they don't forget, and we have no idea what they did. Let's hop to the past!

---PREVIOUSLY---

MARCY'S POV

Everything changed after the war. Well, that's obvious Marcy. Where are Sasha and Anne? Oh Right! They're inside the school. I wonder how is Sasha? I heard that she had special treatment last month for a massive burn in her back and she was discharged yesterday. But I just can't help but remorse for her... Focus Marcy! Focus! Gotta be there first!