Fate Just Might Be On My Side

~Fate just might be on my side~

"Muichiro, child you seem distracted lately. May I ask why?" Master Kagaya asked with that worried but calm tone that was always so full of care.

Muichiro kept silent for a moment, the Master had asked him to stay behind after a meeting to speak with him privately, he took a few minutes to think of a way to describe the whirlpool that had had been persistently swirling in his mind for days. He soon gave up on putting together a describing way of saying it, he'd simply say it bluntly, the way he always did.

"I have romantic feelings for someone...and I don't know how to make it go away" the young hashira admitted slowly. Ever since his amnesia had cleared, he'd began feeling many more emotions that proved a bit hard to deal with. While it was fairly easy to handle most of his feelings, this had been so much harder to deal with than anything he'd ever felt.

He had been trying as best he could to rid himself of this feeling for months now, but it was depressingly difficult to stay away from Genya. His smile, his warmth, the way his eyes always seemed to light right up when he laughed, the way he openly accepted everything about Muichiro no matter how difficult said things could be, everything about him made Muichiro feel like he was walking on air when they were together.

A part of him, a part deep down that only when he was alone in his room with no one to see did he finally admit to himself that he didn't want this feeling to go away.

"Muichiro, my child" the Master began gently "I believe you are in love, there's no getting rid of feeling like that" Kagaya explained with a reassuring smile "Now, who is it your heart has chosen?"

"...Genya Shinazugawa...I love him" Muichiro mumbled, barely audible even to himself. He silently prayed the master didn't hear him and would just let him leave, but he was heard anyway because fate wasn't on Muichiro's side. It never was.

"I see, Sanemi's younger brother. A fine choice my child" Kagaya finished, still smiling down at the mist pillar, who's head was continuously swirling with thoughts. So many thoughts had never filled his head like this before.

"I think so too" Muichiro responded in a whisper, a blush and a small smile appearing on the youngest pillars face.

~✧●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●✧~

"Finally!" Genya exclaimed, more annoyed than tired from their fight with some overly cocky demon who seemed to think she could easily beat the two of them no matter how many times they dodged and landed hits on her instead.

"Mhmm, let's go" Muichiro acknowledged, tilting his head towards the beaten path they had strayed from during their battle "Town is this way" was all Muichiro said before turning and silently walking off.

"One more night in this village and we head back" Genya said, he already knew the answer, he was likely just trying to make conversation. Something that made Muichiro glad, considering he also wanted to talk with Genya, but he often had trouble starting conversations.

"Yeah, we can find a hotel for the night" Muichiro answered, trying to remember how much money he had on him, even though he no longer has amnesia his memory was still pretty poor. But then again, even back when he lived with his family, his memory had always been a little below average.

"Sounds good!" Genya agreed, grinning down at the hashira and Muichiro returned it with his own small but genuine smile.

In truth, he had actually been trying to stay away from Genya due to the "unwanted" but annoyingly ppleasant feelings he didn't realize had planted themselves in his chest. Or perhaps he simply didn't bother acknowledge it until a few months back, when the roots were too deeply imbedded in his lungs. But of course, fate wasn't on his side and they had to get a mission together, for no good reason might he add! Kagaya that meddlesome man. Muichiro felt the slight urge to curse the master for this, but he didn't, mainly because he would most likely be spending time with Genya anyway. It wasn't Muichiro's fault Genya was so hard to stay away from!