4 years today

A/N: I'm doing a fluffy one-shot about how our favorite royal couple celebrate their 4 year wedding anniversary.

Title: 4 years today.

Summary: How Harry and Meghan spend their 4th wedding anniversary.

Characters: Harry, Meghan, Archie, Lili.

Pairings: Harry/Meghan.

POVS: First person

Chapter count: 1

Meghan POV

I smile as I wake up to my husband kissing my lips softly. My eyes flutter open and I see my husband sitting beside me, he's dressed in his pyjamas. "Mmm, what time is it?" I ask him through a yawn, it can't be later than 8:30 at night. Harry kisses me gently. "11:30." My husband says as he stands up, tugging at my hand, prompting me to get up after him. I do get up but before I can take a step, Harry has scooped me up bridal style in his arms and is carrying me downstairs. "Close your eyes." Harry tells me softly. I close my eyes, not liking it one bit. Where's he taking me at 11:30 at night on the eve of our 4th wedding anniversary?

Harry stops walking and tells me to open my eyes and I gasp in shock when I do, tears filling up behind my eyes.

In the backyard of our Santa Barbara home, Harry has the tent we used in Botswana on our 2016 trip. Fairy lights are hanging from the trees, sleeping bags are laying out of the tent, a real campfire is going, our camping chairs surround it with a chilled bottle of wine and two wine glasses.

He's recreated the night we fell in love with one another.

I turn my head over my shoulder and look at my husband.

"Are you serious?" I ask him, he nods his head at me. "Oh I'm serious." He says, kissing my lips before carrying me outside to our campsite. He deposits me in my chair before popping open the wine and pouring us each a glass, handing me one and sitting in his chair next to me, raising his glass to mine with a smile on his face.

"To six years of being together and four years of wonderful marriage." He toasts. I blush before taking a sip of the wine. "I can't believe it's been four years tomorrow since we said I do and you made me yours forever." Harry says beaming. I smile as I look at my engagement and wedding rings. "It feels like it's a dream, a dream that I don't want to wake up from." I say, sipping my wine.

"I have an early wedding anniversary gift for you." Harry says and I immediately feel guilty that I don't have him anything.

"Hey, all I need is your love, you and our two kids, and I have that." Harry says as he gets on his knees in front of me, handing me a silver wrapped present with a matching bow. I take my time unwrapping the present.

Wrapped in the wrapping paper is a black box that I open to reveal a diamond crystal heart locket that has a picture with the two of us under the stars in Botswana and one of us with our two kids, Archie and Lili. I throw my arms around my husband's neck and bury my face in the crook of his neck. "Thank you." I tell him, pulling away from him. He gently takes the locket from my fingers and clasps it around my neck, the heart resting at the hollow of my throat, where I know I'll always notice its presence.

Harry POV

I wake up and see my wife still asleep in her sleeping bag beside me, our hands linked. I can't believe it was four years today that I married the love of my life, and now we've got the family we've always dreamed of having.

Meghan stirs awake, her brown eyes fluttering open and a smile spreading across her face as she locks eyes with me.

"Good morning, my prince." She says sleepily, sitting up in her sleeping bag, causing our hands to be released.

"Good morning, my princess." I reply.

Meghan leans towards me, kissing my lips.

"Happy anniversary." She says softly as she pulls away. I grin at her.

"Happy anniversary." I repeat, happiness filling my voice.

"Thank you for last night, I enjoyed it." Meghan says as she stands up, stretching, causing her back to crack. "Hey, I forgot to ask, where are Archie and Lili?" She asks, I stand up too, running my fingers through my ginger hair. "Stace had them last night and today and then your Mum has them tonight while we go out and celebrate our anniversary." I explain to my wife who looks slightly apprehensive about going out tonight.

"Babe, do you think we can just stay in tonight? Let Mom have the kids while we just have a quiet night in." Meghan suggests slightly hesitatingly. I step in front of her and brush my knuckles up and down her cheek. "Of course we can love, but on one condition: you let me take you out shopping today to buy you whatever you want." I bargain, Meghan grins before nodding and hugging me. "Of course, can we go now?" She asks, I chuckle and nod before allowing my wife to drag me back inside the house to shower and ready ourselves for the day of shopping, the day of spending the day as husband and wife.

I watch as my wife cracks open a bottle of wine and pours us both a glass, carrying them to the living room where the pizza and Chinese food have already been delivered. I sit next to my beautiful wife who's in one one my shirts and a pair of pyjama shorts, her hair in a bun at the top of her head, and I drape my arm around her shoulder as we both eat our food and watch a movie: Water for Elephants.

"I know this isn't what you exactly had in mind for our anniversary, but it's been one of the best weekends I've had in a long time." My wife says, snuggling into me, her wine glass in her hand as she takes small sips of the liquid. Smiling, I kiss her hair. "Anytime I get to spend with you is amazing, no matter what we do." I tell her.

Archie and Lili are sitting in between us after Archie begged his grandmother to come back home.

Even though I adore spending time alone with my wife, I love spending the rest of my time with all three of them together.

And anytime I spend with my family is the best anniversary gift I could ever have asked for.