Prolog

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

"Come on, Roach." his deep voice spoke, so powerful it shook the ground. Anger filled him, as well as pain and sadness. He was bruised. Inside and outside, having had to live the moments of the death of so many. Blood trickled down his neck and onto his chest. His armor was ripped, and his right shoulder was dislocated. He'd make it back in time before falling unconscious if he was lucky.

The road was wet from the rain, cold winds blew his hair back as he rode as fast as he could. No one dared to stop him in his tracks. The slippery mud caused Roach to splash dirt all over Geralt's figure, keeping him from the clear sight of the road. Screams of monsters echo throughout the woods as the sun begins to set on the far end of Geralt's sight.

He rode on, slowly beginning to see what he was looking for. A small house, surrounded by the forest, in the middle of nowhere. It was a simple home, hidden from the world. No one could touch him there, and it was the closest thing he had to Kaer Morhen.

The closer he got to the house, the dizzier he got. He slowed Roach down, tied her to the mast, and groaned as the wound on his lower stomach began to bleed thoroughly again. His steps were heavy as he tried to move towards the door. He managed to open the front door and made his way to the table of elixirs where he took out a small bottle, drank half of it, and dripped the rest onto his wound.

The skin sizzled, burning and causing Geralt even more pain. But without that pain, he probably wouldn't have survived. He lays back slowly and falls into an uneasy sleep, the elixir taking over his mind.

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫