Connection

Author's note, November 12th, 2017: Hello everyone! Long time no see~ I posted this in my about already, but for anyone who didn't see who's new or returning, I'm also posting it in all of my works! I have opened a new account on Quotev where I'll post my writing since I think it's improved a lot over the past, like, year (basically since the last time I posted a story online). If you'd like to check it out, the link is https://www.quotev.com/sunmii. I'll likely start taking requests there once I get a bigger following and establish myself better :) Thank you all for your immense love <3 See you soon!

-

In the beginning, I wanted it all... The fame, the money, the men. Everything. And I pretty much was given all of that without so much as a lift of my finger. I was spoiled rotten by my parents and producers. If I asked for something, I would get it as long as it wasn't something like buying the Great Wall of China or whatever. I knew as soon as I debuted that I had already turned into a horrid kid. Even before my debut, I think I knew, but I didn't want to admit it. I wasn't proud, but what was I supposed to do? This was how I'd always been brought up; getting things whenever I wanted them. I'd always hated myself more than anyone. Next in line was my family. I hated them for not disciplining me, not being reasonable parents. They never knew when to stop giving their children "things". I DID'T WANT ANY MORE "THINGS"!!! I just wanted to be like everyone else. Normal, running a normal life the way I truly wanted.

But I could never voice my desire for a normal, real life. The one I was living was far from real, complete...wonderful. Those who didn't know me thought that I was the happiest person alive, having everything. They were always remarking how amazing and lucky I was. Really, I was very unfortunate and unlucky. I was a wreck, a hopeless disaster. It was all my stupid family's fault...

My mother was a world famous dancer who made tons just showing up to a dance rehearsal once a week. She had what seemed like a million trophies in her master bedroom that she had all to herself. She was constantly worrying about her family's appearance, always trying to look perfect for the public. She was a train wreck in reality, but the people of the world didn't know that at all. That was a reality they had never even dreamed. My mother was a good people person and was able to hide the rotten truth of her life with ease. I hated her most of all. She was deceitful and cowardly. I couldn't stand to watcher smiling that fake smile front of the silly cameras, in front of her millions of fans. She made me sick. But she didn't know that. She thought I adored her, I'm sure. She thought everyone adored her.

My father was one of the top chefs in the world. In the cooking world, if you didn't know his name, you would be shamed. And he was handsome, just like my mother was sickeningly beautiful. They didn't need makeup to look gorgeous. So why had I turned out the way I did? My eyes were mud brown. My father's where a glistening emerald (he was from England) and my mother's were chestnut brown. Nowhere close to mud. I always wondered as a young girl if they both wore contacts to make their eyes more brilliant. Neither of them did. It was natural. None of us understood where I got my eyes from. No one in the family had eyes that looked like poop, like mud. My brother (who was a super star in the music world with a million fan girls falling head over heals for him every second) had orbs like my mother's, chestnut and charming as you can imagine.

That brings us to me, doesn't it. Among a family of beautiful, successful stars, there was one who just barely made it into the world of stardom. And that, my friend, was me! (l/n) (f/n). The near failure of pop culture, of fame as a whole. I could sing, that was true. I'd gotten where I was because of the fam and the voice. But definitely not the looks, I can promise you that much. With those muddy eyes of mine and the weird, knobby knees that didn't look like they belonged anywhere. The waist that wasn't exactly what people might call "thin" like the rest of the female idols and the untamable mop of dirt brown hair atop my spoiled head... I was a sight to see. Just think...an idol...who looked like I did. It was disgraceful. Yet somehow, I managed to get a contract with YG Entertainment. Fancy that! Of course, I knew it was probably because of my family and my background. I literally had it all! My family history was filled with pop stars and world famous brats who posed as elegant, perfect role models for their gazillions of unknowing fans.