°𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

The sound of your alarm tone ringing through your small room caused you to sit up in bed. Your (y/e/c) eyes tiredly opened and closed slowly as you practically smashed your hand against your phone, doing so until the sound had stopped going. Raising your arms above your head, you yawned softly, rubbing your arms before folding your blankets forward, and getting out of bed. 

Despite the nervous feeling you had running through you, you were beyond excited for the day ahead. It was the opening day of your bakery, Sweet Little Things. Your dream for as long as you could remember was to own a bakery. You loved baking, something your mother had passed down to you. Your father, once a military soldier, would come home after a prolonged time away and you would always make his favourite, cinnamon scones. In culinary school, you met your best friend, Lily Sprott. The two of you clicked immediately and it became a shared goal to own a bakery together in her hometown of London, England. After years and years of trial and error, it was finally the day that Sweet Little Things would be open for business. 

You began getting ready, doing your normal shower routine and stepping out of the shower with a grey towel wrapped around you. Being a 31-year-old American living in London was like being 7 and going to Disneyland. Each day, you learned more about the city and its culture. You had only been living there for about 3 months even though the bakery had been in the works for years. As you pulled your (y/h/c) hair into a messy bun, for the time being, your phone vibrated against the sink. A smile grew onto your face as you read the contact name.

"It's happening!" you squealed into the phone.

"I know! I've been freaking out all morning, I could barely sleep" your best friend chirped. 

"I'm gonna be there for 5 like we said, opening time is scheduled for 7, correct?" You asked, already knowing the answer but wanting the confirmation.

"Exactly! Everyone's going to go mental when they try our chocolate orange cupcakes" Lily responded, making you grin at how her accent seemed to grow more noticeable after having been back in England. 

"I sure hope so. I need to finish getting ready but I'll see you soon" you responded, glancing at your clock which read "4:32". 

The bakery was only a quick bus ride from your apartment building so you did not feel the need to rush. A big plus was that you and Lily were the only workers at the bakery. It was only a small unit and if you two ever felt the need for more help, you'd start hiring. You started on your makeup, doing your everyday routine of light mascara and a hint of blush with some pink tinted lip gloss. You fixed your hair, settling it into a much neater bun and looked in the mirror. 

"(Y/N), let's do this!" you exclaimed, reaching for your bag and heading out the door. 

Heading outside, you walked towards the bus stop situated conveniently in front of your apartment. Everything seemed to fit into place perfectly. The bus was scheduled for 4:45, the ride only being about 5 minutes. However, it was now 4:51 and the bus had driven past you. You had assumed that it wasn't your bus but now, you were starting to question that. You breathed in, trying to shake away your anxiety. Your thoughts were interrupted as you heard someone running towards you from the left. 

"Aw bloody hell, I've missed it" a British male voice exclaimed, causing you to glance over at him. 

An average height male, who looked to be around your age, was standing next to you, running his fingers through his dark hair. He was dressed in a tan coat with a red dress shirt under paired with a simple pair of pants that matched the colour of his jacket. You blinked a few times before clearing your throat. 

"Um, I think it just drove by but it didn't stop" you explained, biting the inside of your lip. 

He looked at you as if he was extremely amused by your statement, a small grin growing onto his face. 

"Oh um, right so when the bus is coming, you have to stick your arm out kinda like this" he began, demonstrating this action in an almost silly way, waving his arm around. "And then the bus driver will know that you're wanting to get on". 

You mentally slapped your forehead. You were certain Lily had reminded you of this a million times. But, you forgot, American buses were nothing like this. 

"Ohhh, I see. Thank you so much, really" you responded, shooting him a sincere smile to which he responded with the same expression. "Do you happen to know when the next bus is coming? I'm trying to get to Great Russell Street" you explained. 

His eyes seemed to light up, immediately informing you that he knew where it was. "Yeah! That's right across the road from where I work. The next bus should be here in about 5 minutes, yeah?" he responded, glancing up and down the street. 

You smiled happily, nodding your head towards him as a thank you. Thankfully, five minutes wouldn't kill you and you knew Lily would understand. You stood there silently, enjoying the calm weather and shifting your weight from foot to foot while you waited patiently for the bus.