"Bro, Felix! Isn't this the idol guy you like on TV?"

Pausing from stirring the mixture of brown batter, Felix stepped away from the counter to make his way to the kitchen doorway. Hearing that his favorite idol could possibly be on TV made Felix not hesitate to drop making his current batch of brownies to come take a look. If it was the idol in question, then Felix would be planting his bottom on the couch next to his dear friend and forget sbout the brownies. And if it wasn't, well, he would just go back to his little cooking marathon.

"Who, Chan?" Felix questioned, poking his head from around the kitchen doorway to glance at the screen.

"I think? I mean, it looks like the guy who you idolize. The one with blue hair." Felix could see his friend shrug his shoulders almost dismissively.

"His hair color always changes," Felix chuckled, cracking a wide smile. "But yea, his hair should be blue at the..."

Trailing off, Felix's eyes widened in pure delight once the screen flashed a close up of Chan's face before zooming out, showing a video of him doing his usual greeting and starting to talk about his upcoming tour. In almost lightening speed, Felix rushed over to the couch, hoping over the top to plop right next to his close friend. Without wasting a beat, he reached over to snatch the remote from his friend's hand and quickly turned the volume up.

"...thanks for showing so much support guys, it really means a lot to me," Chan's warm voice filled up the space of the living room as Felix's eyes zoned in onto the screen, hanging onto each and every word the slipped past the idols lips. He was speaking in Korean at the moment, but with the help of the subtitles and his own knowledge of the language, it was easier to understand what he said. Of course, he often spoke English after speaking Korean, since he had fans from all across the world, so it doesn't really matter what language was spoken as long as a person knew one of them. "For my next tour, I will actually be visiting somewhere that holds a spot in my heart. My hometown, Australia! I haven't really been able to visit because of living in Korea, but this isー"

Felix's heart felt like it stopped. Chan was coming here? To Australia? His hands trembled as another grin took place on the freckled boy's lips, his head whipping over to look at his friend with bright eyes.

"Dude," Felix reached over and shook his friend's shoulder, not being able to contain his excitement. "Chan's coming here! He's coming to Australia, bro!"

Felix felt giddy at the new information, his eyes flicking back over to the large flat screen TV to continue to listen to what Chan had to say and more details concerning his comeback. It was like a dream come true. Felix has always wanted to attend one of Chan's concerts but never had the money or time to travel abroad to where they were often held. So, when it was announced that he would be coming to Australia, Felix decided then and there that he was going to attend no matter what.

"Again, thank you so much for the love and support. I'll be seeing you guys in Australia!" Chan spoke in English this time, a bright and charming smile plastered on his face as he bowed. He leaned back up and waved his hands as the video came to an end.

Once the video cut off and started playing another run of some TV series, Felix stood up from the couch and ran to the kitchen to grab his phone. He heard his friend say something on the way, but his mind wasn't focused on comprehending what his friend said, his attention was solely on obtaining his phone to look up further details on the upcoming concert(s).

With phone in hand, Felix made his way back over to the living room, his eyes glued to the screen as he tapped on his phone like there was no tomorrow. He mindlessly took a seat next to his friend once more and leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees as his eyes scanned the words on the small screen.

"It says he's coming here late next month," Felix said, his thumb swiping up on his screen as he scrolled down on the announcement page that was posted to JYP's website. He felt his friend lean in closer to take a glance at his phone, his own eyes scanning the words on the screen. "Wanna come with me, bro? I'll need your help pitching in for the money though."

"I mean," Felix looked away from his phone to glance at his friend who spoke up. Felix's lip instantly pouted out as he tried to give his friend the best puppy-eyed look he could muster. "Ugh, don't give me that look, Felix...okay, okay, fine! I'll go with you, bro. Even though I'm not the one who's the fanboy."

Felix's face lit up as he quickly leaned over and wrapped his arms around his friend in a quick bear hug. "You're the best!"

"Now," Felix pulled away from the hug after a few seconds to type in TicketMaster into google. "Shall we get some front row seats? Might be expensive, but it'll be worth it."

"Maybe you should wait until they're a bit cheaper, yeah?"

Felix hummed as he tilted his head, tapping on his phone that showed the floor section of the web page to get an idea on what the starting prices were for those seats. His eyebrows raised in mild shock as he got a look at the price.

"Four thousand...?!" Felix exclaimed as he whipped his head to stare at his friend, his face giving off how shocked and disappointed he was with how high the price was. Sure, it was a seat in the first or second row, but only rich people could afford something like that. And Felix was not a rich dude.

"I told you it would be expensive," the other male spoke up as he raised his hand to rub his forehead in distress. "You gotta wait until the prices go down. Give it about three or four days, man."

Felix groaned as he leaned back against the couch, shaking his head in distaste at the thought of waiting. The grip on his phone went slack as he let out another groan, reaching one of his hands up to cover his face.

"All the good seats are gonna be taken if I don't buy tickets now," Felix muttered in a whiny ton. "Bang Chan is like, super popular, you know."

"Alright mate, just wait until tomorrow at least. Maybe the price will go down then." Felix's friend said, trying to get the eager male to wait on buying the super expensive tickets right this second.

"Fine." Giving up on trying to buy tickets now, Felix shut off his phone with his thumb but continued to lean back and have his hand cover his face, getting lost in his own thoughts.

"Ayo, bro." The silence was broken when the male sitting next to the freckled boy spoke up. Felix merely hummed, deciding to stay lost in his own thoughts about Bang Chan. "Are you gonna finish making those brownies?"

ーー

First chapter done.

This book is gonna be Chanlix (Chan x Felix) and may contain mentions of other ships/characters, but Chanlix is my main focus.

This is an AU where Chan is a solo artist/idol while Felix is a huge fan-boy of Chan. It will be a slow-burn...kinda, I don't wanna spoil anything, but romance will be in the later chapters.
It will also have mentions of "Chan's Room" but won't go into a lot of detail. I may add where Felix has a small cooking YouTube channel, but it hasn't been decided yet. I might just make that into a different AU / story and keep it where felix is a fanboy.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this story of our cute aussies!

Please look forward to future chapters!

~ Star •°'☆