°𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

It was 8 PM, which meant that Sweet Little Things was officially closed for the night. It had been an amazing day. In the end,  or Lily could ever ask for. The two of you began cleaning up, and baking a few more items so they were ready for the next day.

"So who was that lad?" Lily spoke, glancing up at you as she began to mop the floors.

Your eyebrows furrowed for a moment, blinking a few times. 'Who?" you responded.

"Oh you know, that man. He was like in that tan coat, real cute looking" she winked, continuing to mop.

You began to smile, realizing exactly who she meant. Steven with a V. "Ohh, yeah. That's Steven. He helped me this morning, at the bus stop, and reminded me about the whole arm thing" you explained, resisting the urge to smile a little too much.

"We're open one day and you're already dating one of our customers? How unprofessional of you" your best friend joked, poking your arm playfully.

You shook your head in response, a red colour flushing across your cheeks as you made your way to the back of the bakery.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* 𝟖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

It had been just over a week and you felt as though Sweet Little Things was the most popular bakery in all of London. You had your regulars already, Steven being one of them, and yet there were still loads of new faces every day. Steven had really liked the cream cheese pastry you'd first gotten him. He got one every day at 12:30PM, like clockwork.

It was the end of a Monday evening and Lily was feeling ill. It was about 6 PM and Lily was headed out the door, apologizing for leaving you on your own. You didn't mind though, after all, you had closed the bakery early and were now just cleaning things up. As you washed the dishes, your mind went to none other than Steven. You hadn't seen him today but assumed this was likely because he wasn't working today. You had come to find out, in your short conversations with Steven, that he worked across the street at the London Museum. He was a gift shop worker, which only added to how cute you found him.

You had finished cleaning up and made your way outside, locking the door behind you.

"(Y/N)? You're already closed?" you heard a voice ask.

You turned around, a feeling of excitement rushing through you knowing who was there.

"Steven with a V. You're late, I didn't see you earlier today" you responded, lightly rubbing your arms as the breeze of the evening hit.

"Right, I uh, I worked later. Don't yous close at 8 though?" he asked.

You began to walk next to him, you weren't catching the bus today because you thought it would be a way nicer night out. He started walking as well.

"Yeah we do but there's only two of us and Lily was ill today" you responded.

"You're already saying words like ill. Looks like the British is rubbing onto you" he chuckled nervously. "I'll walk you to your flat, you're on Aldersgate Street right?" Steven asked.

Your mind went to the first time the two of you met. You resisted the urge to smile any bigger than you already were.

"Yeah, that's me" you responded, brushing your hands against your arms again.

You noticed Steven moving beside you but it was only when you felt warmth against your shoulders that you realized that he was giving you his jacket. That tan jacket he always seemed to be wearing. You felt heat rise to your cheeks as you looked over at him.

"I'm alright. It's my fault for wearing a short sleeve to work" you stopped walking now, beginning to pull the jacket off.

His hands went to your shoulders, one hand clasping over one of your own. This made your cheeks turn a flush colour. Almost immediately, he pulled his hand back, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry. Keep it though, really. I'm not cold" he spoke softly, in a tone that sounded close to a whisper.

The two of you kept walking, making small talk as you walked towards your apartment building. He told you about his boss Donna who didn't seem to be the nicest lady. You talked about your father and how he loved your baking, leaving out the bit where he died at war. You wanted to spare him the pity he'd have on you.

"Well, this is me" you spoke, sounding almost disappointed that you had arrived at your home. "Thanks for walking me".

"It's really not a problem. I'm working tomorrow but quite late so I won't be able to pop in for my usual" he spoke, shifting his weight back and forth.

"That's alright. I'll see you later this week then. Goodnight Steven with a V". You began your way up the stairs, glancing back at him and walking back down the sidewalk.

As you unlocked the door to your apartment, your eyes widened.

"Shit! His jacket".