Secreatary

Sayaka sighed with weariness.The papers she should have finished long ago lay chaotically on the table in front of her.

The paperwork she couldn't leave undone.These papers were important because she was supposed to hand them over to the president.

Of course, any documents she did for the president were important, but these were even more important.

They've been about the running of the academy for the past six months. All those papers have been burdening her mind for a week..They knitted her mind whenever she did anything, but mostly they knitted her when she was working outside of her duties as a secretary.

Yes, she,the secretary of the prestigious Hyakkou Academy had a different job than being Kirari Momobami's secretary.

She felt so embarrassed having to earn food by working in a coffee shop as a waitress, but what could she do?Somehow she had to eat and earn rent.

Of course, if she wasn't an orphan, she probably wouldn't be dealing with this kind of thing.

But she was sure that if her parents hadn't died in a car accident, there might have been at least a little better communication than there had been, if someone had asked her how different her life would have been.

Her lack of conversational skills was due both to the fact that she was bullied at the orphanage where she was sent at the time, and to the fact that, except for the nice nurses who sometimes spoke to her, she never communicated with anyone.

She was sent to the orphanage because she had no relatives left to take care of her.

That...wasn't true.She had an aunt,but she was very ill.Doctors had long ago told her that her illness was killing her, but she was still alive.

For Sayaka, it was a miracle she held in high regard because she could talk to an old woman whenever she wanted about what was bothering her.

Thus,when Sayaka managed to come along when her dear aunt wasn't in a coma and she had enough money to pay the fee to enter the...prestigious hospital where her aunt was being treated.

True, the Igarashi family had a lot of money, but they were all at the time Sayaka's parents died, leaving her to her aunt, so she couldn't take advantage of them.

She was never comfortable talking about money.When she was admitted to Hyakka, her loathing of how everything is about money only increased more.

Surprisingly, she didn't feel that way as she watched the president's crazy bets...

"Sayaka, what are you doing here? Isn't it a little late to be working?"

Startled, Sayaka leapt into the air when the object of her thoughts suddenly appeared before her in the council room.

"Kaichou!I-I still had a few papers to finish!I didn't plan to stay so late!?"Her voice was in turmoil at the last sentence,because she had no idea what time it was, so how could she tell if she had been here or not for long?

"It's all right, Sayaka.I only asked because I wasn't expecting you here, there's probably a lot I want to find out about you."She meant what she said teasingly, but it struck the secretary painfully in the heart.This was just a reminder that even the person she cared for deeply didn't really know her...except for Midari, but that was another story...

She suddenly realized she hadn't answered Kaichou's question. "E-uh yeah, I guess."That was all she got out of her mouth for, which she was really embarrassed about.She wasn't even able to answer such a simple question.

"It's all right, Sayaka.I came here because I'd forgotten my bag."Said the head of the Momobami clan and walked over to where she usually sat.That's where the bag was really located, which Sayaka paid no attention to.