short story

As Lux arrived at his home on the planet of Onderon, which he represents as a senator for the Republic on the planet, which is why he was gone. He was busy doing trade deals with the representatives of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. Though it wasn’t supposed to be all that bad, he hoped to see his Jedi friend Ahsoka Tano, but he was sadly informed by her former master that she decided to leave the Jedi Order after she was accused of committing a crime she didn’t commit. He asked the Jedi Master where she was. He said that she probably left Coruscant as soon as possible, but didn’t know exactly where she went.

 Lux came back from his thoughts due to one of his droids, R7, beeping at him that he got a transmission from an unknown person who was using the code name, Vulcrum (a codename made up by Ahsoka for Lux if he ever needed anything). This was not normal; Vulcrum was just for serious situations. “I hope she is not hurt or in trouble,” Lux thought to himself. He pushed that thought out of his mind, as he ran to his ship, seeing the shadow of the young Togruta. As soon as the person turned around he recognized it was Ahsoka Tano. It was not the Ahsoka he knew, though; she looked as if she was in a tavern. Then he saw her lips move but nothing came out. 

“R7 can you fix the sound?” R7 beeped with delight. As the sound came into focus, all he heard was, “Co-” until all the sound went distorted. Lux sighed and said, “Ugh, there are hundreds of planets that start with Co-. R7 can you fix audio?” R7 used his utility arm and saluted.

Lux was hurrying to the cockpit of the ship from the transmission area to arrive at the nearest hyper matter station since he was running out of fuel fast. He flew into a station just as the ship was running out of fuel. Lux told R7 that he would be right back, but R7 angrily beeped. “Oh, what is it?” Lux said with annoyance. R7 bumped the transmitter. Lux frustratedly said, “Oh no, I forgot that NOTHING runs on this ship without fuel. Okay, the transmission will have to wait, come on let’s get this ship filled up with fuel.” Trying to hurry, Lux forgot to lock the shuttle doors.

 As he finished paying for the fuel, he heard a ship take off in the background, which sounded a lot like his ship. When he walked away he saw some thieves flying away with his ship! As soon as Lux saw this he ran after it but just before he was able to throw a device so that he could control the ship.Then R7 handed him the control to the device, without a second thought he used the controller to return his ship to the docking station. Once the ship was safely docked, he opened the door to the cockpit. To his surprise, he saw three Jawas sitting on the captain’s seat. Before he could even say a word, they ran out. They proceeded to go bye R7 who tazed one of them, making them run even faster.

“Thanks, R7, time to decode the transmission,” Lux said. R7 beeped in acknowledgment.  R7 started going through all the transmissions till he reached the one he was looking for. Lux sat there nervous that it would even work. R7 beeped happily as he finished decoding it. Some parts were not able to be decoded, but all that mattered that he could hear the planet. As Ahsoka’s voice sped up to get to the desired spot. “Woah, R7 here is good,” Lux said just in time. Ahsoka's transmission voice started to play. “I’m on the planet Corvus, in the city of Caldon in...” Ahsoka’s transmission soon returned to the same distorted sounds.

Lux turned the ship engine on, “R7 come on hurry up!” R7 started the ship in hyperdrive. All Lux could think about if Ahsoka was okay and safe, especially if he was too late. When they fly into the city Caldon Lux said, “Now the only thing we have to find her.” With that, they landed on the planet's forest right outside of Caldon. Lux was weary from the trip but was excited to see his friend again. He walked up to the local person “Hello sir do you know where the local tavern is?” The man just simply pointed to this run-down building. “Thank you so much, sir,” Lux said, quickly walking away from the man towards the building the man directed him to. 

He walked into the tavern and at one of the booths he saw was Ahsoka Tano. All of his worries washed over, as he saw her smile, she was safe. Before he could think anymore Ahsoka hugged him the tightest she has ever hugged him before. “Thank you,” Ahsoka said softly, as Lux returned the hug. “I’m so glad you're safe,” Lux said while getting choked up, still holding on tightly.