Chapter 3: Confessions

MARCY'S POV

Somehow the crowd dispersed after a minute, I wait until there were fewer people or no one at all. I approached Sawyer with a hopeful smile and normal behaviour. A real uneasy normal one.

I took the chance to speak first, "Hey Sawyer! A fun game is it?"

I hand over the water bottle, and he accepts it. Sawyer grins back, "Yeah, a rough game! But it's a fair one. Man, what a day! "

He clasps his bag and slings the strap over his shoulder. "Wanna hang out with me for a bit?"

I did not flinch to say yes! We both walk around the school and ended up in the back. I haven't seen this place before, and boy it's clean and neat. And...

"I cannot believe what I'm seeing. Is that a huge ancient tree?! How come I never saw that?!" my mind was blown away.

I pointed at the tree as Sawyer sat down and chuckles. He patted the available seat next to him. I take the space.

After a quiet time, I watched the leaves fall by the swift wind. Amazed, that I have been in this school for years. I haven't seen this!

Okay, focus Marcy, just ask Sawyer and chill like a pickle in a jar. Nice and slow!

"Want to see my webcomic we've talked about last night?" I asked Sawyer with brutal forced confidence.

Sawyer nods vigorously with his shiny blue eyes, "Well it would be an honour to be your audience!"

I pulled out my laptop and searched for my final draft of my webcomic, an Isekai webcomic, three girls transferred to another world full of unknowns. There's so much to discover, blah blah blah. Gotta ribbit ribbit jump on it. Huh, why does the sentence seem familiar?

I waited for Sawyer's reaction as he reads the comic and I cannot wait for it! He then finished it with the enjoyment of the first five chapters of my comic.

I nervously spoke, "Made those in under an hour! Can't miss your various ideas when you're making it!"

Sawyer's smile widens and laughed at my nervous ask. "I think it's neat! The interlude of the story is well organised, quite daring the art too!"

I hid my bangs behind my ear, I feel the heat rush up to my face. I look down and smile with satisfaction. "Aw shucks, thanks! Appreciate the comment!"

My heart fluttered that he loved it! I used to deliver my art to him in chats but listened to him with his genuine reaction. Ah! This makes me so happy!

Sawyer tucked my bangs to my other ear, "Didn't you show that to your friends?"

I shrug and shyly look him in the eye, "Yeah... I'll show them soon, but you're the first person who'd I show my comic!"

Sawyer is surprised and sighed in relief and does a little bow, "It was an honour great master Marcy."

I nudged him with my elbow, "Hey! Stop calling me that! I'm not a master!"

Sawyer nudged back, "Then agree to disagree!"

Playing around, we both play the nudge-each-other game. Shoving and tickling, and laughing until we are delighted.

We lay down and took our rest. Everything is peacefully quiet. I closed my eyes to relax with this moment with him.

These feelings, hope, warmth, happiness and butterflies wrapping around my head, feels light. I have never felt this one before around someone else who I am crushing on. Is this...?