°𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

The next morning, you woke up with an excited attitude. Steven was taking you out later. You hoped he found you even just a bit attractive. You weren't sure if he would ever think of you that way, but he hadn't denied asking you on a date. You started getting ready as usual, using a little bit more makeup than you would do normally. You had also curled your hair this morning, throwing it up into a high ponytail for work. Speaking of which, Lily was coming in today. You couldn't wait to tell her about Steven.

Soon enough, you walked the steps up to the bakery, heading inside where your best friend was waiting for you.

"Ugh, I missed you" she groaned, giving you a hug as you walked to the kitchen.

The two of you began setting up. Getting all the pastries and goods ready and making sure the till was also ready.

"So... I have a date tonight, kinda"  you spoke, looking over to Lily. Her eyes widened.

"You- What! With who!!" She exclaimed, looking as though she had just won a million bucks.

"Steven, remember he always comes for the strawberry cream cheese pastries" you responded, smiling to yourself.

"Stop, he's absolutely adorable. I'm so happy for you. How did this happen?" she asked.

Two hours went by and you had been talking about your meeting with Steven and everything that came after. It was fun talking to Lily about this stuff, she could talk about boys and relationships for ages.

"I'll show you what I'm wearing, I brought it to work since we're walking to our date after my shift" you reached into your bag, pulling out a flower-printed dress.

It was a simple white colour, with yellow daisies and red roses dotted all across the material. You felt pretty in the dress and you hoped Steven would think the same.

"Stop, that is the cutest dress I've ever seen. He's gonna love it" she exclaimed, running her hands over the material of the dress. You smiled back at her, a feeling of excitement coursing through your veins. 

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

It had been more of a quiet day and you counted it as a blessing because your makeup was untouched, and your curls had stayed tight. As you and Lily cleaned up, you pulled your hair out of the ponytail, letting it cascade past your shoulders. 

"You look stunning, (Y/N). You better tell me everything tomorrow" she warned, to which you chuckled softly. 

"Who would I be, not telling my best friend all about my date" you responded. 

Once the bakery was spotless, you both made your way outside. You had changed into your dress already, touching up your lip gloss slightly. Once outside, you noticed a shadow to your right. It moved in the direction of the light and you saw Steven's face. A smile immediately rose to your lips when you saw him. He was dressed up in a fancy black jacket with a black long-sleeved collared shirt and matching trousers. In his hands, he held a heart-shaped box of Belgian chocolates. 

Lily stood next to you and for a few moments, it was silent

Lily stood next to you and for a few moments, it was silent.  You cleared your throat. 

"Hi Steven, this is Lily, the other owner of the bakery" you explained, watching as the two shook hands. You could see in Lily's eyes that she was trying her best not to freak out in front of him over you two. 

"Nice to meet you, I've heard lots about you" Lily spoke, winking over to you.

You wanted to kill her. How could she embrass you like that. You shyly gazed over at him. 

"Oh well, I'm glad to hear. Really nice meeting you" he spoke quickly, as if he were a nervous wreck. Lily gave you a light squeeze before walking off towards her car. You shifted your weight before looking back over at Steven.

"You look lovely, (Y/N)" he spoke softly, gazing down at you with glossed eyes.  He reached forward, handing you the box of chocolates. "I don't even know if you like sweets but I assumed since you work at a bakery..." he trailed off. 

You smiled happily, taking the chocolates from his grasp. "No, I love them. Thank you. You didn't have to get me anything" you spoke sincerely, beginning to walk next to him. 

Your heart had to be beating at a million miles an hour. Steven looked so handsome all dressed up and he was such a gentleman. He truly made you feel like the only girl in the world. 

He began asking about your day, to which you responded that it had been relatively quiet. He spoke about his day as well, telling you about how Donna had scolded him for not putting the Ammit figurines on the right shelf.

The thing about Steven was that you could be talking about absolutely anything in the world and you'd enjoy hearing him. He made you laugh as well. It wasn't like he even tried, he naturally had that wit to him. 

"Here we are, where I spend my money a little too often. This is the best Chinese in all of London. I haven't tried others but I just know it" he shrugged, holding the door open for you as you stepped inside. You laughed softly. 

The restaurant was really pretty. Inside, the colours of red and yellow were splashed across the walls with lighting hanging from the ceilings. Steven said something to the host at the front and in seconds, a waiter was showing the two of you to your table. You couldn't remember the last time you had been on a date, let alone one with someone you liked this much. 

As you went to take a seat, Steven quickly rushed to your side. 

"Hold on, hold on" he spoke, pulling the chair out for you. "There you go" he added, pushing you in towards the table before taking a seat on his side. 

When Steven sat, you took the time to look at him. You wondered for a moment if girls at work crushed on him. Not that you were jealous, well maybe a little, but you were curious. 

"Did I tell you that dress looks stunning on you?" he asked, peering over at you. 

You giggled shyly, looking down for a moment. "Thank you, not so bad yourself" you responded. 

"I do look quite nice hm?" he joked, pretending to adjust his invisible tie. 

You could not wait for the date to continue.