Untitled part 1

At first the blood made the snow look like a heavily syrupped snow cone. But as it began to gush from the man like rain down a storm drain Tim could see that he would not live long. The slashing thing had gotten the man while he was snow shoeing to his mailbox. It dragged him a few feet into the more heavily wooded area and gave a screeching howl. Tim awoke with a start and nearly hit his head on the top bunk as he sat up. This was the third night he'd had this same dream. It was three days since the snow started and three days since he or his twin brother Joe had been outside after school to play and sled with the other kids. Up above, Joe's lamp flicked on and his head appeared over the side.

"Everything okay?" he asked around the sleep that still clung to his tongue.

"Yeah," Tim sighed.

"Same dream?" He was more awake now.

"Yeah."

"Man. No outside again tomorrow."

"Joe do you think..." he stopped, unsure whether to ask if he was crazy or if he should tell Mom and Dad tomorrow.

"What?"

"Maybe I should tell Mom n' Dad."

"I think we're too old for Dad to start checking the closet again."

"You don't think they'd take it seriously?"

"I don't know. They always used to take our monster claims seriously..."

"But we're eleven and supposed to have outgrown boogeymen."

"Well this is different. You're scared outta your mind and since I get to hear you wake up practically screaming I think that hanging out in the snow really could be dangerous."

"Think I should say something?"

"Tim, if it would help you should."

"It either will help or buy me a ticket to a kid shrink."

Joe laughed. "Man if you go that means I'd gotta go too." He reached up and turned out the light.

"Joe?"

"Yeah, sure."

Tim hopped out of his bed and climbed up to Joe.

"Thanks man."

The next day after school Tim and Joe were adding on to their Lego city and discussing the coincidence of the L'eggo my eggo ad campaign and the name of one of their favorite toys when Mom called them down for a snack. Joe, as usual, sped downstairs and sat fidgeting at the kitchen table.

"Where's your brother?" Mom asked as she set a glass of milk and a plate of carrots and celery on the table.

"He's putting the finishing touches on an outbuilding, Mom. He'll be right down."

"Well that lego city must be getting pretty huge. Have you finished your homework?"

"Uh almost, I've got a math worksheet and I was saving my reading for bedtime."

"Alright. After this, finish your math and start the reading at least."

"Okay. Mom?" Joe thought about spilling the beans on Tim's dreams. She clearly knew something was up. She never got after him about his homework unless there was something else on her mind.

"Yes sweetheart?" She looked at him expectantly.

"We have almost twenty buildings and Tim's just started a spaceship."

"That's great honey."

"The spaceship is gonna destroy the city. Big, mean aliens, but smart."

Tim appeared through the kitchen door.

Blood in the SnowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara