Why aren't you excited?

I look down at the envelope anxiously as my hand shakes when I reach for it. "Don't be nervous I know you made it." I glance up to see my propped-up phone on facetime with my friend, Everly. I give her a short smile as I tear open the seal. 

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I open the envelope. I slowly unfold the letter, "We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Remo University." That's all I need to hear as anxiety flooded out, relief taking its place.

I look up at my phone, already crying happy tears. "You made it!" I nod my head in fake disappointment at Everly happily jumping on furniture. "I made it!" Coping her enthusiasm, I do a little dance with my arms.

"I am so unbelievably happy for you!" I smile embarrassingly, blushing a little, as I wipe my tears. "I'm happy for me too." But, I can't help but look down at the paper anxiously, bad thoughts running through my head which makes my smile drop instantly. 

"What's the matter, Sage?" I glance up, seeing Everly sitting crisscrossed on the ground looking worried. I stare blankly at the screen as I remember all of my mom and brother's awful input about the location. "I really am happy that I got in, promise." I hesitate, for a minute, remembering how excited we all were when I sent my application. "It's just, I have heard nasty things about the location." I focus on how Everly looks, which is sad.

"I bet you're gonna have a blast just, don't get tied with the wrong people!" Of course, her reassurance isn't the best, but she tries. "I probably won't. I look away when I see any sketchy person." I see her smile again, which makes me smile back. "You better be happy again to go!" I smile, though a look of confusion can't help but breakthrough. I question why. "Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!" She shouts with excitement, "I mean, you'll be going to the most successful city in the world!" Her eyes gleam at the mere thought of the city. "Yeah, but it has the worst criminal record," I say to her jokingly, looking skeptical. "So what?"