Chap.1 Growing up together / Present

Azalea's pov

-the past-

I leaped from branches, looking behind me and giggling every now and then, keeping an eye on the person chasing me.

"I thought you said you were faster than me?" I yelled through the heavy breathing escaping me.

"I-I gave you a," The young boys voice wheezed before continuing, "a head start!" He finished. Before I could turn back around to look at this person again, a small shriek escaped me as I fell. hastily grasping onto a vine.

"Lea!" The boy called. Tripping on a few sticks he reached the point I had fallen, peering down to see my small body hanging onto the small piece of greenery. "Nod, I'm slipping. Help me!" I screamed, but it was too late and I my grip on the vine loosened. Screwing my eyes shut, I landed, almost safely? Peaking a look around I snapped my head forwards to see general Ronin.

"And what do you think you're doing?" The Irish man side eyes me, the corners of his mouth tilted upwards into a soft smile. "I.. nothing?" I grinned.

"Your sister wants to see you, Azalea. You need to finish your training, if you would just attend, you could have gotten yourself out of situations like those." Ronin's head turned back to the front of the humming bird. "Its important you train your powers. Then maybe you can join the leafmen one day."

Ronin and Queen Tara knew my love for working with the leafmen, but I refused to use powers that made me different from the rest of them. I wanted to do exactly what everyone else does, like Nod. Nod..

"Wait!" I couldn't believe we had left Nod behind. "Nod! We forgot Nod!" Slight laughter erupted from Ronin's throat as he witnessed my worry for this young boy. "Don't worry, Lea. He's right there." His head turned towards the right of us, so I looked into the direction to see Nod, on board with Finn. The smirk caught on his face only grew wider, making my cheeks flush.

"So you do care about me, princess?" Nods high pitched voice only made me smile. "So what if I do? Would you rather me not care about you?" I smirked back returning the same energy he gave me.

================================================================================

That was a while back. Now I'm 16, flying and dodging through the air, with three boggans on our tail. Nod had thought it was a good idea to separate from our parties and venture on our own, but It's not working out the way he had wanted it to. Despite all the training we went through, Nod still managed to get knocked off of his ride, sending the humming bird plummeting towards the dirt where that odd stomper was.

Third bird this week, Nod. Third one. I thought.

Dangling off a small tree branch, Nod merely missed an incoming arrow. Leaping upwards he sprinted and hopped from branch to branch. Flying near by, I watched in amusement as he fell, jumped off of a crow, fell again, coiled off of branches and continued running. All amusement was discarded when Commander Ronin flew in. Swooping in I appeared opposite side where Ronin and his crew were.

"Need a lift?" Ronin seemed unfazed of the boggans close by. "I don't need your help!" Nod threw back. "You're running out of branch there, buddy."

"Still don't need your help!" Nod retorted before getting swept off the not so lasting branch into the air by the enemy crow. I groaned in disbelief and followed after Ronin. Swiftly jumping off on his humming bird, Ronin landed almost perfectly, striking the first boggan off completely. "Why aren't you both with your group?" Ronin commanded.

"What? I fly faster alone." Nod started. "Uh-huh, yet you dragged me along." I grunted. "Oh I'm sorry princess, why don't you go back to Moonhaven and strive with the jinns then."