𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

The weekend had come and gone and now Alex found herself walking the halls of Midtown School of Science and Technology. All the conversations she heard from her passing classmates were about Spider-Man and Zephyr saving the Decathlon team. The Easton girl would merely smile if anyone asked her about it before giving them the simplest answer she could think of. To be honest, Alex thought it was strange how everyone was talking about her and Peter being heroes without even knowing who they really were. But she understood that was what it meant to be a secret superhero.

As she turned the corner that would lead to her locket, Alex spotted Atlas and Ned walking toward her. The two boys instantly greeted her with smiles and hugs before the three of them continued down the hallway. When they finally reached the end of the corridor, the three stopped to watch the school's news report on one of the small TVs on the wall.

"This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship," Jason said as pictures from last weekend's events flashed across the screen, "later that day, they also defeated death."

"Explosion! Sally scream! Flash scream! All screaming!" Abe said after the screen switched to a prerecorded video of him standing in front of the Washington Monument before Charles appeared on the screen. "There were purple lasers and smoke everywhere. It was tight, just like a Bon Jovi concert."

"As you know, we made it out alive, and that's the important thing," Mr. Harrigton told the interviewer as he stood in front of a school bus stationed outside of the school, "I couldn't bear to lose a student on a school trip. Not again."

Their teacher's last words caused Alex to exchange a confused look with the two boys standing next to her, only for them to respond to her look with simple shrugs. The three of them then turned their attention back to the screen when Jason continued speaking.

"Thankfully, no one was seriously injured, thanks to the Spider-Man and his new partner, who many have now deemed 'Zephyr'," the raven-haired boy announced, causing Atlas to gently nudge Alex in the side before sending her a small smile at the same moment Jason and Betty awkwardly said, "thank you, Spider-Man and Zephyr."

Just as Jason began talking about how everyone was becoming obsessed with the two heroes, Alex, Ned, and Atlas spotted Peter walking down one of the staircases. The three of them instantly made their way toward him with smiles on their faces before the Leeds boy began calling out to his best friend. As soon as they were close enough to the Parker boy, Ned began to have a hush conversation with the only other people who knew the secret of the heroes.