28

Vote ♡︎

Alanna's POV

Alanna's POV

It was prom night, and I was definitely going. I told Trey I returned the clothes and wasn't going anymore because he wasn't going but that was a lie. I had a light pink dress on, white heels, and my makeup was all pretty matching the dress. I was going whether he liked it or not.

Since I had no date, Mya and Isaiah were coming to pick me up. I felt like I'd be kind of in the way since this was their prom together and I had no date. But even if I found a date I couldn't go because of Trey. I don't know what he would do.

"Let me take some pictures!" My mom said pulling out her phone. "Is Trey taking you? Let's wait for him to get here so you guys could take pictures together" I shook my head, he shouldve been here with me, but he couldn't. Or he just didn't want to. Or whatever his fucking excuse was.

"He's not going to prom, he said he had something else more important" My mom gave me a sorry look. I was used to this, no need for her to feel bad for me. "It's fine, he said he'll make it up to me" We finished talking and she began to start taking pictures and whatnot, making sure I had everything.

"I'm sorry your dad couldn't be the one to drive you to prom, I know that's how you've always wanted" I sighed and grabbed my purse. "I-Its fine, ill be fine with Mya" This prom was nowhere close to how I pictured it, but the fact that I was going was enough for me to be grateful.

Mya sent me the text that they were outside and I began to leave. "Remember Lana, be safe. Be back by 1:00 am. I know prom ends at 12" I nodded and walked outside and got into the backseat. I could already tell I was going to be third-wheeling.

"Alanna, you look bomb as fuck!" Mya screamed looking at me in the backseat. "Thanks, Mya you too..." This was so awkward, six months ago I did not see this as being my way to get to prom but this was better than not going at all.

"Trey shouldve been with you, I'm sorry he couldn't make it. You'll have fun with me" Mya said, Isaiah chuckled next to her and all I could think of was he probably knows what Treys doing, and I had a feeling he wasn't 'busy trying to make money'.

"I'm gonna tell you straight up Lana, Treys playing the fuck out of you, that niggas with Illiana" My eyes widened and I froze up. I couldn't think that through properly, Trey wouldn't ditch our whole prom night for Illiana. "You're for real?"

"Yeah, that nigga won't ever leave her alone. They're all each others ever known. Don't tell him I told you shit" I wasn't sad, I was pissed off, but if my makeup wasn't done I knew I'd be crying. I don't think Isaiah would lie to me like that, and that did sound like something Trey would do.

I was tired of him leading me on, if Trey wasn't going to date me then I don't need to be with him. But what if he says no and leaves me for good? I was no longer excited about prom and was just thinking about what made him do that. If he just didn't want to go he could've just said that, he didn't have to lie and say he'd be so-called 'working' and apparently 'have no time' for it.

__________

We were at the venue, and just as I imagined, I was sitting at a table by myself. I would look stupid dancing and whatnot by myself. I shouldve just never came. 'Wassup" I looked up and it was Dom. His hand extended at me. I did our weak little handshake shit and he just sat next to me. "Wheres ya nigga?" I shrugged. "His friend said he's with another girl so I don't know"

"Why are you dealing with that shit? You too pretty for all that" He was right, but I didn't know why I was dealing with him either. "I don't have nobody so I can just chill with you"

"I'm not supposed to be talking to you" He laughed and bit his bottom lip grabbing my hand. "I know, you blocked me remember" I sighed, If Trey finds out Doms holding my hand he'll never shut up about it. "He made me block you, he deleted your whole contact. It's not me it's him"

"I know, that's why I'm not mad at you. Put my shit back in" I was gonna be in so much trouble. I unlocked my phone (the one trey didn't take) and gave it to him. He put his number back in my phone and gave it back to me. "You don't want to be my friend no more Lana?"

"I do its just Trey doesn't like me talking to other boys"

"But isn't he out with a whole other bitch right now?" My heart was speeding up and I felt weak, this whole day was crazy. Why was he holding my hand? "Let's go outside "He brought me outside with him, I was leaning against the wall with my arms folded looking at him. "You smoke love?" I shook my head, I only do that with Trey. "More for me then" He took a blunt out and lit it up.

"You want to know something Lana" I looked at the ground and shrugged, I needed to get away from him before someone tells Trey. "I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend before Your nigga started tripping over you" I felt sick to my stomach once again. I was lightheaded and didn't even have time to be shocked about what he just told me. I was physically not feeling right. I sat on the concrete and put my hands over my face. "Don't cry, I didn't mean it like that"

"I-Its not you-" I looked up and before I could say something else, Trey was walking up to us. I stood up weakly. This wouldn't go well, I prepared myself for that. "I'm not even surprised. I wasn't going to go and so you went with this nigga. You're really delusional huh?" I stayed quiet and looked at the ground. "Yeah stay quiet, ain't got shit to say. The next time I call you a hoe don't ask me why."

"Bruh she's not a hoe, she came by herself and I just started talking to her" Trey grabbed my arm roughly. "I don't give a shit, she shouldn't be talking to you, she mine. If shes out here talking to you, she chose to do that"

"Yeah but either way you can't get mad she's talking to me when she's not even your girlfriend" Trey gripped my arm harder and I knew it would leave a bruise like the last time. This whole night was a mess and I wanted nothing more than to go home."Nigga shut up she's mine titles are fucking stupid, if I said she's my bitch then that's what she is. I don't know why you want her anyways, she talks to any nigga that looks at her."

He dragged me away and I just knew I was going to get yelled at. I was crying and shaking worst than I as earlier. I was leaning against his car and he was in front of me, looking at me like I was dirt on the street. That's how he made me feel. "I don't even know what to tell you. You don't listen. I know you were bored here anyway so I don't know why you went. Then you come and are talking to this nigga. How many times do I have to tell you he just wants to fuck?"

"I-I didn't even plan on talking to him. He just saw I was sitting by myself"  I wiped the tears from my cheek. "So whenever you sit by yourself you need another nigga to come to save you cause I'm not there?"

"Well you ditched me for Illiana so why was Dom keeping me accompanied a problem-" Before I could finish, he hit me in my face. My hand instantly went to my bloody nose. "Get the fuck out way " He pushed me making me fall on the concrete and got in his car.

"Stop hoeing bitch. If you really want to hoe lemme know so I could put you on the street and make us money off that shit" He sped off leaving me on the concrete. Blood was on my dress and all I could think about was me needing to get home. I had the other phone that Trey didn't take and went to order myself an Uber.

I sat up at looked at the scratches all over my left shoulder, and my blood nose has yet to stop. I didn't think Trey would go that far. That was too far.