Part 1: Photos are Memories After all

"Yes?"

"I'm just looking at this picture. I just found it really meaningful."

"Oh. Well, indeed, it is."

The woman seemed fascinated at the picture being hung on the wall at the picture gallery. Well, her comment is right though. I took the picture myself.

I remember that day. It was the day that I was so stressed out because I still didn't have any ideas for my concept for the upcoming photo exhibit. I got tired of thinking so I turned on the television and on the screen, I saw her, my good friend Anna. She's a TV news reporter at a local news channel. She looked so professional – serious but beautiful. Then something came to my mind. I grabbed my phone and dialled her number.

"Hey, this is Anna. Please leave a message."

"Hey, it's me. I just want to tell you that that red scarf you're wearing today looks ugly on the television. Anyway, I need your help. Want to come over? I've got pizza."

Then I hung up.

Anna and I have always been like that – teasing each other. I loved teasing her. She's the kind of person that when you tease, goes red on the cheeks and tries to take revenge by teasing back but then always fails. She always had great ideas when it comes to art and she's the kind of person that never hesitates to help. An hour later, I received a knock on my door.

"This scarf is Chanel and I still look pretty!" She exclaimed as she entered my living room.

"Oh hey Chanel, nice to meet you! Who's this narcissistic girl who came with you?"

"Really, James? Six years of friendship and I'm still part of your "to bully list"? Really?"

"You should be thankful you're on that list. That means you mean a lot to me." I winked.

By that time, we were already friends for six years. And four years of those were times when she'd been helping me to get this girl I really liked. At times when I get sad, she has always been there. I was so thankful for having a good friend like her. Or at least that was the way I saw her before – a good friend.

We ate pizza in my living room while we both sat on the carpet with a paper and a pen in Anna's hands.

"Okay, how about this. How about a fairytale theme! You know, you get someone to dress up as Tinkerbell or something."

"That's a great idea! Maybe we could also invite mascots from Happy Tree Friends!" I showed a sarcastic tone of glee.

"You really don't understand my aesthetic."

Yeah. Her jokes were also lame.

"Hey, how about we go for a walk for a while."

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea to think about stuff but I'll bring my camera in case something comes up."

So we went for a walk. We went to the boulevard and grabbed some milkshakes. Anna always had this cheerful and energetic disposition. She was always full of energy.

"You know, I really find you and your job ironic."

I told her as we were walking.

"Why?"

"Well, your job requires serious stuff, and you... well, you're the rainbow girl with smiles and energy and all that stuff."

Then I clicked the camera as I captured her laughing as she brushed her hair behind her ear. She looked so beautiful.

"By the way, I've got two tickets for the basketball game tomorrow night."

She knew I loved basketball.