The Strange Girl

Sam's POV.

I woke up suddenly, looking around wondering where I was.
"Where.... am I?.." I said in shock looking at the trees that seemed taller than the ones back home. I jumped onto my feet, almost falling over.

"Woah, feels like I haven't been using my legs in weeks!" I said with a yawn while I tried to keep myself on my feet. I looked around again seeing if there were any kinds of life nearby. I started walking ahead when I heard a large amount of commotion coming from nearby.

"Woah! Those people look strange! Come to think of it... this whole place looks strang-" All of a sudden I heard a loud, high pitched scream.
"Jeez dude! Are you trying to make my ears bleed or something?.." I plugged my ears with my fingers.

"Sorry sorry! I just havent seen anyone like you before!" The strange being said in excitement while examining things like my ears and hair.

"Uh... Personal space please..." I said with a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry again! Just there hasn't been anyone that I've seen like you! I mean you look completely different from everyone! Maybe you're like an evil wizard or witch!" The strange being started rambling on about witches or something but I clearly wasnt intrested.

"Anyway, im Amaris! Sorry about all the talking just you seem really intresting!" The being said in a intrigued tone, probably wondering what I even was.

"Its all good, Im Sam" I said smiling at the strange girl.
"Also, sorry if this seems a little rude but what are you?" I asked scratching the back of my head with a small nervous smile.

"Oh, well im an elf! What about you? I dont think I've seen your species around.." The curious girl had a large smile plastered across her face, it growing each second with anticipation.

"Uh well im a human, do you guys not have humans here?" I probably sounded really confused on what was happening.

"Oh I heard about your species! There hasent really been anyone like you here, we can go look for a book at the library if you want. I was planning to visit the library anyway if you want to follow to find out-" The girl asked still smiling, her eyes filled with curiosity.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt, I dont think I could do much else right now anyway..." I said with a chuckle still a little confused on how I got here.
We walked until we got to the library I still looked pretty confused but the library was HUGE my eyes probably glimmered in joy and fascination.

"Well you seem excited about the library! I was coming here to return some books I read before I found you. They were all fantasy books im not into any non-fiction books really" Amaris laughed while putting her books into a big RETURN box.

"What? You dont like non-fiction books?! You have to atleast find them intresting! you can learn so much from them!" I was shocked that the girl didnt atleast like what you could learn from non-fiction.

"Oh cmon, everyone has there own opinions! And some are wrong such as yours" Amaris said poking my nose then sticking her tounge out and laughing afterwards.

I turned away, feeling emberessed but quickly turned back while I was quite obviously red in the face.
"My opinions not wrong! It's actually correct thank you very much!" I scoffed toward Amaris in an annoyed tone.

Amaris looked at me noticing my face was quite red from embarrassment but seeming a little worried.
"Hey you alright? You look like you're ill, maybe from emberesssment-" Amaris said with a snobby smirk