Chapter 5: Confusion

SASHA'S POV

I carry the two bags of doughnuts, speeding up my pace, excited to see Marcy's reaction when she detects her favourite flavours of doughnuts.

I'm glad I didn't postpone this plan, it would be greater if Anne is here to witness it all. Toads, I'm grateful it's just the two of us.

I turn around the corner, pause and take a step back. Because I saw Marcy with Sawyer, talking. Of course.

Ugh, dummy. Don't even say something with high expectations, look at this. The consequences of your conscious thinking!

I take a side glance, I see Marcy frowns and groan. It looks like a serious issue she talks about. Her gestures are often expressed quite a lot. She's been shaking her knees, crisscrossing her arms and biting her lip. She seems uneasy.

Does she need my help? Or struggling to do something? No Sash, look at her. She's not in danger. Don't overthink!

I can hear Marcy's voice in my earshot, but it's muddy because of the crowd noise "...scared if I confess to them. I might break...friendship...recklessly confess my love to..."

Me. Is it? Was it me Marce? I knew it.

I clench my heart and confirmed the truth.

Did she like me? No, she liked me all along as much as I like her? Then why? Why is she scared? Is it because the result affects our friendship? No... She's wrong. I have to tell her-!

I gather my confidence to confront her but it shatters when I hear her say this.

"...Person B...I feel safe with them..."

Ah the person B, Sawyer, why I'm I hopeful? As much as I thought, she chose Sawyer over me. I can picture them. They're good when they match. I hurt her, didn't I? Then what did I do? Why I'm thinking like this? Stop it!

I lean on the wall, taking a few heavy breaths. Accept the fact I am losing.

My mind and heart weakened, but my body says otherwise. The hot boiling kept in the bottled anger arises. I can't let it go. Not now!

I peek again to see Sawyer and Marcy.

I see her, the look in her eyes describes panic and fear. She brought out her phone, staring soullessly as she scroll through something. She is tensed, it felt like she was being pressured.

Sasha, don't be a coward! Help her!

I walk in and pretend that I just arrived, grabbing the attention of Marcy and Sawyer.

"Hey, Mar-Mar! I'm back!" Marcy glances up at me, a pause, her shoulders slump with a slight relief and beams as she greets me back.

"Oh hey, Sash! How's the trip to the food lane?" Marcy quickly tucks her phone away with a nervous smile and shaky legs and hands.

"Ah, it's good! And what do we have here?" I raise my brow at Sawyer sitting next to Marce.

I am this close. This close to snapping this boy's hands. Self-control girl. No, not now. Don't try to attempt murder today. Ugh, if only Grime is here. Maybe he might be a good romance guru unlike some people on the internet.

Sawyer moves away a bit from Marcy, "I just came here to have a small chit-chat with Marce! And a little help."

"Help? For what?" I place the doughnut boxes on the table, Sawyer smiles mysteriously and stands up from his seat. Stretching his whole body.

Sawyer interjects, "It's a secret between Marcy and me, not for you. Fire Ice commander. Now, Marce? Let's continue what we're doing."

I try to resist to roll eyes, but when the two did not look at me, I manage to do a short roll eye at this ridiculous part.