Stars among the Tulips

Music could be felt vibrating the bodies that moved to the beat, lights glinting of the sweat and glitter, making the night club appear like something out of a magical realm. Orange eyes skated over the crowd from above, searching through the crowd, trying to find whatever had brought him and DZ to this location. The large skeletal man draped in the dark peacoat was moving through the undulating crowd like a specter, even as hands reached out to touch him here and there; as if they could feel his presence. Munk shook his head, his hands reaching up to adjust the hood that hid his werewolf appearance in the darkness of the club.

"Come on man, what the hell are we even doin' here?"

He grumbled as he continued to look over the masses, his arms leaning on the railing, sighing as DZ flashed him a smile from the floor below, as if he could hear him. Munk flipped him the bird with a grumble, but straightened as DZ seemed to catch sight of whatever the hell he'd been tracking in the human realm. Following the direction DZ was quickly making his way towards, he caught sight of what appeared to be a petite woman with....

"Why is her hair so wet?"

He wondered as he too made his way back down to the first floor, even as DZ and the mystery woman disappeared out the back door. Munk found him swearing up a storm about half a block from the club.

"Yo, DZ what gives? Where'd the chick disappear to? And why are you after her anyway?"

Solid white eyes glared at him as fangs flashed at him in the moonlight, DZ's gloved hands slicing through the air to cut off the questioning. A growl rose up from DZ, causing Munk to raise his eyebrows and hands in surrender.

"You dragged me out here man, I'm just tryin' to figure out why."

"There's something familiar about her. Like I know her. Or I did...I don't know. I felt something weeks ago and ever since it's like I can feel SOMETHING pulling at me to find her. Fuck I don't know Munk."

DZ seemed frustrated, pacing back and forth in front of Munk, which was something new to the werewolf. Usually he was all Sex, Spikes, and everything Spice, but now....It was like he was getting a glimpse of his friend that he hadn't before. Nodding to himself, he stepped forward and put a hand on DZ's shoulder, stilling the skeleton.

"Don't worry man, I'll help you find her. Come on, she couldn't have gotten far."

The pair set off into the night to find the woman DZ felt like he had to find, but didn't know why. As they tracked her further and further from the club district, things started to look familiar to DZ. Little things, like the park they passed with the purple penguin on the kiddie carousel. Long weeds growing out of what used to be a duck pond behind the park. The blue and pink house sitting next to each other....

"Barbie and ken's house..."

DZ whispered, looking around at the things that were starting to come back to him. Side eyeing Munk who was looking around them in curiosity, he wondered why they'd been brought here. A memory was tickling at the back of his mind, wanting to come forth, not exactly forgotten, but older than most. Spotting what was once a bright yellow home, he stopped.

"DZ, didn't that use to be bright yellow? With the little flowers and stuff outside the bedroom window there?"

Zyggy's voice whispered, seeing the memory as it floated up finally. A little girl laughing as they ran through the yard with a handful of dandelions to give to them when they first appeared. Sitting in the grass talking about the stars, the little girl saying she wanted to fly among them one day when she became an "a dultier persons." The little nod of confidence with the gap-tooth grin. Playing at the park, throwing bread to the little ducks at the pond behind the park. Spinning on the carousel so many times he thought Zyggy might puke. So many memories flashing before them of watching her grow up, learning to evade the pain in her own home, while still shining so bright, even the sun had a hard time competing with her.