2.

"The CCTVs are broken once again. Have you heard footsteps sound in this area?" Taehyung questions Y/n right after he comes back to her.

She shakes her head while keeping a calm expression.

"Nothing happens just now." She lied confidently.

"You sure?" He looks straight into her eyes as she is trying her best to stare back.

"I have no reason to lie about it. It is related to the safety of my father's museum, Taehyung. Let's continue."

Taehyung doesn't believe what she said but he will trust her for now. His intuition tells him that she is hiding something from him.

On the next day, the statue that looks like a human has been removed from the museum with the reason of it needs to be repaired.

It is an order from the current owner, Y/n. The others do not feel weird about her decision except for Taehyung.

"Tell me the truth." She crossed her arms after sitting down on a chair across from him in her office room.

"I need your help, Y/n."

"Whatever it is, get back to your position first. I don't want the others to notice that you can move. We will talk about it tomorrow."

"I'm a statue that behaves almost like a human. I started to be like this after I reached here." He gazed at her who is staring back at him.

"Impossible. If I tell your story to anyone outside there, they will call me crazy." She ruffles her hair and keeps an unbelievable expression.

"I don't need to eat and drink. This is what I know about the difference between me and a human. You can keep me by your side and observe me."

She stares into his eyes and she doesn't think that he is lying to her. This is the first case in which the statue can behave almost like a human.

"I will trust you for now. What is your plan?" She asks.

"I don't know." He is being honest.

"The footsteps sound at night belong to you? Am I right?"

"Yes. I am curious about the world outside but I can't go that far. I know I have scared your employees. I'm sorry, Y/n."

"I guess you learn about this world by observing the visitors that come here and the others. That's why you know my name and the rumour."

"You are right."

Y/n gets up from her seat to get some water from the water purifier. She doesn't get it for herself only.

"You said you don't need to drink but you can try it." She hands it to him carefully and smiles slightly.

"Thank you." He takes it over and hesitates to drink it since it is his first time but he still tries it after glancing at her.

"How does it taste?" She is curious about his answer.

"A new taste."

"Do you like it then?"

"Not bad. Why are you letting me try it?"

"You said you are curious about the world outside. I will bring you to experience it although it may be limited." She speaks sincerely.

"But with one condition. You can't show yourself to the public. They might have seen you." She is trying to play safe.

He is already feeling excited but there is something he feels worried about and she notices it.

"Not willing to?" She questions.

"It is not about that. Will I still be shown to the people in your museum?"

"Do you want to?"

He shakes his head with a sorrowful gaze. She can feel that he doesn't like it.

"If you don't like it, we can stop doing that. I will not force you."

He is finally relaxed as his lips curve, showing his joyful smile. He doesn't think twice to hug her in his arms.

She feels shocked but she doesn't push him away. It has been so long to have someone to hug her that tightly.

The last person doing that to her is her father who passed away a few weeks ago due to cancer. Her mother abandoned her when she was 3 years old.

Since then, she has never mentioned her anymore. She misses her sometimes although she hates her.

"Thank you, Y/n. I'm so lucky to meet you. If it is someone else, I am afraid they are not going to be kind like you."

"I forget to ask you. Do you have a name?" She pushes him away gently even though she enjoys the comfortable hug.

"No. What name do you think is suitable for me?"

"Hm. How about Dae Hyuk?"

"Dae Hyuk? I like it." He is grinning widely, revealing his white teeth.

Just then, someone is knocking on the door and they expect that person to wait until she says "come in" but that person's action takes them by surprise.

"Y/n, there is something I want to ask-" Taehyung feels surprised to see Dae Hyuk is inside.

He only gets to see his back and not his face but he feels familiar when looking at his figure and his clothes.

The statue?