Part 1:

In my last year of high school, I didn't expect it to be like this. A whole lot of stress and no time to take myself out. Should have settled to be a stripper because this was not what I bargained for when I got excited for finishing school.

I walked out of my flat and muttered a bored goodbye to my flatmates who were still sleeping, kind of weird I know but my parents thought that it would be a great way to get a head start in the 'Varsity Experience' . So, every morning around seven I just walk to my school a nice change from taking public transportation. It's kinda interesting how it has become my routine to just leave at seven in the morning and go to school even though my classes started at eight o'clock, but hey, it was a great getaway from the people I reside with.

My last year was not at all like I had envisioned, by now I would have expected to have made some friends over the years but all I can think of is how I've made a few acquaintances and I'm wondering if our connections will even last. It's not that I haven't tried to make some friends but after what happened with my former best friend, I became the villain of every learner in this damn school, the only people who talk to me are from my book club.

As soon as I arrived I headed towards the school library where I spent most of my days to avoid seeing other people and being looked at like I was some kind of creep, when in truth, I did nothing wrong, if only they knew what really happened. Funny how the one person I thought would be a part of my life forever seemed to be the one to ruin it.

I walked down the aisle of books until I bumped into someone, and it was not my fault, I blame the books for being too distracting.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry," she said and held on to my shoulder as if I'd fall if she let go.

"It's okay, I wasn't looking where I was going," I said with a smile and tried to look at the bookshelf but she continued.

"I think we both weren't, books can be very distracting," she said and chuckled, "I'm Kacy, nice to meet you." She removed her hand from my shoulder and extended it.

"I'm Caldera, nice to meet you too."

"Oh, the first time I've heard that name before."

"You aren't the first to tell me that, my mother likes to be creative," I said and we both laughed at that.

"So, Uhm, are you a senior?"

"I am, is it that visible?"

"Not really, just that it's my first year here but my last year of school."

"So you got transferred in the middle of the year?"

"Yep and it is so frustrating because I don't know anyone but... uhm do you mind if I hang out with you for a while?"

"Sure, if you like."

It felt nice to have someone to talk to apart from my book club members but it wasn't the same, hopefully she won't turn on me when she hears the rumours that run through the school like a poisonous mist. We talked for a while and learned that we shared every class, which was fantastic to be honest but I should not get my hopes up.

I didn't usually like spending time with people unless I planned it but, Kacy just made it worth it. We spent the whole day together and planned to spend the rest of the week studying together, look at that, I might have a shot at making a friend.

The day went by in a flash and I needed to get back to the flat and I honestly didn't want to, my flatmates got on my nerves. I wonder why I chose on having them in the first place. I unlocked the door and thankfully, they were all in the other room, so I just decided to end my day early, this was going to be a very long week before the school winter holidays.