ꜱɪx

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ ꜱᴛᴇᴍꜱ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

You walked slowly in between Lumine and Venti.

You could almost feel the pitiful glances that the two sent your way, but you hardly registered them. How were you supposed to take this information?

Lumine wrapped her arm around you confortingly. She didn't know how she could help, as much as she wanted to alleviate your pain, she couldn't.

But she did see an opportunity.

She saw the vague lines of similarity between you and her. Perhaps she could use that to get closer. Yes, that would be a good idea. Throw in a few crocodile tears, and you would stay with her forever.

Yes, a marvelous idea.

Venti walked on beside you. It was taking everything in him to restrain himself from snatching you away from Lumine and flying off with you in his arms.

He would sing ballads and recite poems for you all day long as you clapped and sang with him lovingly. Just as they did before.

He didn't want you to see the beauty of Mondstadt. It would just make it harder for you to leave with him.

But alas, he knew you wanted to, and he wanted you to like- no, love him. So he would put up with it. Besides, he needed a plan to take care of traveller first, which would by no means be an easy feat.

Paimon watched everything from behind.
Paimon noticed everything from behind.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Here we are!~"

Venti proudly presented Mondstadt to you from the bridge. Not like he played much of a part in it though.

You stared through the gates, awestruck. Mondstadt looked incredibly beautiful from where you stood. You grabbed Lumine's hand and ran forward, the sounds and smells beckoning you forward.

"Ooh- that looks so tasty!"
"Wow look at that...that thing!"
"Ah the colours are so pretty!"

Lumine and Venti looked on with wide smiles and red cheeks as you pulled them through various stalls and shops. They didn't think you could get any more adorable, but here they were.

"Ah, Lumine, can we try that dish over the- oof!" You had looked behind you to talk to lumine for only a second, but that was apparently enough to bump into someone.

You staggered backwards a little, almost falling, when a hand crept behind you and pulled you in.

"Well, what do we have here?"

You nearly blushed at the man's voice. You looked up at him, his long blue hair lay over his shoulder and his eyes- or rather eye- looked deep into yours.

The man chuckled at your reddened face. "My my, what an accomplishment~" He leaned in slightly. "Seems I managed to get a pretty lady all flustered~" You only got more red.

You were soon yanked out of his grasp by an infuriated Lumine, who had no time or patience for the calvary captain's flirty personality.

"That's enough Kaeya." Lumine said firmly, caging you in her own arms. Venti, who finally had enough of this, whisked you away from Lumine and hald you instead.

Kaeya's gaze hardened, but he merely forced a laugh. "Always ever so serious, I was merely having a bit of fun, Traveller!" He smiled down at you. "Besides, I don't think I could resist this fine lady's charm~"

Treatening glares all around.

Venti tried to lead you away from the two, but didn't get too far before Lumine took your hand. "Kaeya, do you mind if we stay in the Favonius Headquarters?" She asked the Calvary Captain, who forced another smile.

He could tell from the phrasing of the question, 'do you mind', that it wasn't really a request to begin with.

"Oh why of course, anything for you and your new charming companion- In fact, I'll even treat you and this little darling to a meal at Good Hunter's on the way there!"

The thought of food had you drooling. Apparently, you hadn't eaten in 2700 years, so you were guessing that your hunger was justifiable.

You tugged on Lumine's arm, "Please, can we go with Mr Kaeya! I would enjoy some food very much!" You pleaded to a blushing Lumine. She was going to refuse the offer, but now....

Venti, eyes narrowed to mere slits, scoffed. He wanted to treat you to a feast, but alas, he finds his pockets empty. His mind was drawing blanks as to how to win you over. He was by no means opposed to just...

Taking  you...

But he wanted you to love him, to come with him willingly. He just didn't know how to do that. He hugged you goodbye, much to both Lumine's and Kaeya's dismay.

He was sad to let go, but you seemed ever so happy to return to Lumine's side. You giggled and smiled as the captain led you to the eatery, having you sit next to him. He felt a constricting feeling, as if someone were trying to squeeze the life out of his heart.

He hardly cared anymore. He would try but if you were happier with the traveller...

...what could he possibly do about it? A thought flickered across his mind almost immediately after. He quickly filed it in as a last resort, but seriously seriously considered it.

After all, It's not like he hasn't gotten blood on his hands before.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Hey besties, I'm back 👹💅

It's another short chapter ikik
But like my dear best guyfriend said:
"idk how to make it longer"
🤭

Either way, I'm feeling better now,
thank you for all of your love and support
❤🙌

I'll try to make the next chapter a little more action-packed so yall don't get too bored

I have a volleyball practice match in like 2 days so wish me luck 💀👍

Pray for me 🙏