Getting Settled In

"Woah," Ava says as she walks through the Avengers tower.

"Pretty cool. Right kid?" Tony asks her with a smile. Ava nods, grinning back. They were in one of the common rooms which were surprisingly empty during this time. She looks around at all the advanced technology and things her family could never afford to have.

"Hey, Tony. Bruce needs you- well, hello," Someone says. She looks over to be met with Natasha freaking Romanoff. Ava's eyes go wide as she sees the redhead.

"H-Hi," Ava stutters out, trying to sound as if she wasn't nervous, but the former spy could tell she was.

"Who's the kid, Tony?" Someone else says.

"Steve, Natasha. This is Ava," Tony introduces us. They smile at her and Ava gives an awkward one back.

"She's going to be staying here to train with us and to get control of her powers," Tony informs them. Steve crosses his arms with a nod.

"What all can you do?" Natasha asks me. Ava lifts her hand and a purple energy forms from the palm of her hand. She nods with a raise of an eyebrow.

"What else?" Steve asks, wanting to know more about the teens' powers.

"I haven't really figured it all out, but sometimes thoughts can get really loud and I can hear them. I also have this weird thing where time stops and slows down- I'm rambling."

"You're like Wanda then, right?" Natasha asks, ignoring the part where she said she was rambling.

"W-Wanda Maximoff?" Ava asks with a goofy grin. They nod with a slight laugh.

"I heard my name," Wanda chirps, walking in with a bag of chips. Her accent slipped through a little. Ava blushes and barely misses the smirk Natasha had on her face for a split second. She was a big fan of the other teen.

"Who's this?" She asks, curiously as she pops another chip into her mouth.

"I'm Ava!" Ava says a little too cheerfully. Wanda smiles at her with a nod.

Steve goes to say something and everything freezes around them besides Wanda.

"Shit," Ava groans and then jumps when Wanda laughs.

"You do that a lot?" She hums.

"Yeah," Ava says scratching the back of her neck awkwardly. "It only happens when I get overwhelmed and only certain people can freeze with me."

"That's actually really cool," She says and everything unfreezes as Ava relaxes, calming down.

"Do your parents know about your powers, Ava?" Steve asks. She nods.

"Oh yeah, my brothers absolutely love it," Ava smiles. Wanda smiles too at the mention of the other girls' brothers.

"So they know you're here?" Steve asks.

"Yup, still have to learn stuff though so Mr. Stark and everyone else is supposed to teach me like how you guys teach Wanda and the others school subjects."

"All right, you'll be on the 12th floor with the rest of the younger ones," Tony says, looking up from his phone.

"I'll show you," Wanda says and grabs her arm, pulling her away. Natasha says something about how they're cute as they walk toward the elevator.

Both the girls walk into the elevator and she hits the twelfth floor.

"So how's your family?" She asks. Ava gives her a half-smile.

"Dysfunctional, but they're okay. People have it worse than me." She gives her a slight nod. Ava takes a breath and then looks over at her, about to start spilling information about her life.