Chapter 1

{ WARNING Mention of: human sacrifices, cannabilism, blood and gore, abuse etc. }

My Demon AU! This story will have somewhere between 5-10 chapters.

Song I reccomend listening to the song while reading, it really helps the atmosphere.

Important Note:
Deer skull - Wilbur
Boar skull - Techno
Bird skull - Phil

English isn't my first language so please be patient with my spelling/grammar!

Feel free to correct any mistakes politely if you find them!

Cross posted on my A03, @_fuvi_

                                  ꕥ

They left him here.

He wasn’t sure how long it’s been since they had, the time passed slowly and each second seemed to stretch longer than the last. Tommy kicked his feet in a feeble attempt to swing himself forward. The rope around his thin wrists dug deeper into the skin and he whimpered around the rag in his mouth. He could feel his muscles beginning to ache and the beads of sweat running down his face.

They had strung his arms up to a scratched wooden beam and left the soles of his feet barely brushing against the ground. If he lifted his head and looked in front of him all he could see was desert. Flat empty space stretching for miles and massive sand dunes that looked small in the distance.

The sun was starting to set behind them and the sky was lit by a beautiful melting pot of colours. There were no clouds and the heavens looked like it was painted by an artist's steady hand.

The result was a soft warm light that streamed across the terrain. He had grown up amongst the scenery and once considered this his favourite time of day, work done and sitting along with Tubbo on the roof with a bowl of goat's milk passing between them.

Now it made coils of dread creep up his spine.

The settlement he was from could be found far away from the capital city and the bustling life of the Empire of the Eastern Sun. The small surrounding villages on the banks of the Great River that connected to other territories were months of travel away. It was considered the life of the people and very little could survive without it, no one dared to venture away and into the endless sea of sand.

His village was one of the last of its kind, if you were to come upon it, it would seem like something out of a dream. In the middle of the vast nothingness, there stood an oasis, clean blue water with a healthy population of fish, it was the heart of this place.

The banks of the dam were fertile and lined with trees and farmland. The edge of the strange village was marked by the clean white stone houses that were built with a technique long lost to the rest of the world. If you were to run your hand along them, you would feel a smooth surface resembling the marble of the grand palace.

The people who lived here did so in relative peace and tranquillity. They were honest and did their work well, never having to worry about famine or the water of their oasis running dry. No kings called upon them to fight and they didn’t serve any temple or set of gods. There weren’t many rules or laws, rather they followed a set of moral code that was at its base a guide to being kind to all living things.