Prologue

Swim

Swim

Swim

Faster 

FASTER

FASTER!!

You zig-zag through the water, dodging projectile spears and arrows. You toss glances behind yourself, seeing the guards still hot on your tail. You turn back around and push yourself to swim even faster. As you see the moonlight shining down through the water, hope blooms in your chest. You pull your arms tight against your sides and screw your eyes shut.

Crashing through the waters surface, you take a peak. Just as you're about fall into the water again, you spot a harbor not to far from you. 

You fall into the water again, and dash towards the harbor. When you can see the stone wall of the harbor, you swim down to get some momentum and when you feel like it should be enough, you dart up towards the surface again. 

When you break the surface you angle and twist your body to get farther in the air. You land on the stone ground with a splat, rolling a couple of times before you come to a complete stop. 

You groan a bit as you sit up. But your pity party for your aching shoulder doesn't last long as realization dawns on you. You snap your head towards the edge of the harbor and a large grin stretches out on your face. You know they wont follow you here, they would be charged like you were if they did.

You start to giggle slightly, which blooms into full on maniacal laughter as you throw yourself back down to the ground, spreading your arms out and looking up in the sky.

"Try getting to me now you filthy fucking bitch. Oh wait, you wont because you're to much of a coward" You taunt the air. Sitting up once again, you take a look around. There doesn't seem to be anyone around, but it would be in your best interest to get moving quickly. You recite the incantation and your tail splits into a new pair of legs. The feeling wasn't painful so to say, but it sure wasn't pleasant either.

When the spell is done you stand up quickly, wobbling a bit as you try to get acclimated to the new sensation. You pat your dress down a bit and flip your hood over your head, hiding your face, gills and hair in a type of shadow. You had enchanted the hood before you made your escape, it shall never fall of your head and shall always cover your face.

"Alright Loralie, where to now?" You mumble to yourself, looking around. On your left there seems to be a large city. "Could be good for laying low" You mutter, weighing your options. You ultimately decide to go and explore the city a bit.

As you head off in a rush, you miss the glare from the water as the guard sinks back down under the water.

(Word count: 472)

So this is my first ever fanfiction that I've decided to post. I wont really have an upload schedule, I'll update when inspiration strikes or if anyone who reads this begs me to. Also the real chapters will be longer than this.