18: I Care

(Chapter - 18)

"Fvck you, Lee." Yera cursed as hot tears started spilling from her eyes, slamming Yakura's room door shut with a loud thud, which diverted someone's attention.

Jake's gaze drifted to the corridor, where Yera was sitting on the metallic bench placed outside Yakura's room while sobbing hard, her face buried in her hands.

It shattered his heart into pieces to see her like this.

All he wanted to do was to give her a shoulder to lie on.

He longed to wrap his arms around her and calm her.

And kill the person who made her cry.

After some time, she stopped crying. All she could hear in the silent corridor was her own hiccups.

Her eyes shifted towards the glass panel from which Jake was staring at her in concern.

"Are you okay?" He mouthed out the words, which she comprehended.

"Maybe," She mumbled back while forcing a smile towards him.

He motioned her to enter his room. That is when she sprinted towards the elevator located at the end of the corridor.

Jake was confused for a moment.

"Is she avoiding me?" He questioned himself,

But all his myths vanished into thin air as soon as Heeseung appeared from the other side of the corridor, carrying two food platters in his hands as he entered Yakura's room.

"He's failing in love once again. You suck at it, Heeseung." Jake mumbled as he tried to detach the drip from the back of his hand to go behind Yera.

"It hurts like hell." Jake mumbled as he attempted to get up from his bed. The stitches in his shoulder were hurting too much. He felt as though someone had stabbed him in the shoulder with a scissor.

He finally was able to stand up straight without tripping after numerous attempts.

He took a sprint towards the door and opened it swiftly while running towards the direction where Yera went.

Yera, on the other hand, aggressively tapped the floor buttons to leave the hospital.

But as soon as the door closed, the elevator stopped operating and the lights faded out, leaving her in a closed metal box with no ventilation or lights.

She felt claustrophobic at the immediate moment.

She tapped the emergency button innumerable times to reach out for some help, but unfortunately, the button wasn't functioning at all.

She pinched her forehead in frustration as sweat dripped down her face.

"HELP ME!" She started screaming out for help while banging at the metal door.

Jake, who was looking around for her, was drawn to the banging of the elevator door.

"Is someone there?" He yelled while placing his ear towards the door.

"Please s-save me," Yera panted out due to the lack of oxygen.

He immediately dashed towards the help desk situated on the floor.

"Please call for the maintenance team! Someone is stuck inside the elevator!" Jake requested the guy who was there.

"Sir, it would take some time—" Jake suddenly removed the mask he was wearing due to the protocols, causing the guy to gasp in shock.

"Shim Jaeyun?"

"Yes," Jake smirked due to his reaction, and the guy immediately called for help.

"We need your help right now! We can't compromise! It's Mr. Shim Jaeyun requesting here!" The guy yelled at the telephone.

"Sir, they are coming here in two minutes." Jake nodded and marched back towards the elevator.

"Hey! Can you hear me?" Jake asked as he knocked at the door, expecting a response.

"Knock on the door if you can hear me!" Jake asked her, assuming that she was exhausted from screaming her lungs out.

But he didn't receive any response, causing him to panic out.

He stood up as soon as the maintenance team emerged from the staircase.

"Sir, is it really you?" One of them asked in surprise, fanboying over his whole existence.

"No! I am his lookalike! Help me, dammit!" Jake abruptly yelled, furious at how happy they all were despite the situation he was in. They all flinched due to his tone and immediately got to work.

One of the employees immediately fished out the drop key of the elevator, forcing it open.

"HEY!" Jake immediately sprinted inside the elevator in worry as he found her lying unconscious, her face pale, dried tears on her once rosy cheeks and her hair sculpted messily to her face.

"Wake up, angel! " Jake took her on his lap, sideways, and patted her face to get a response.

But before he could make an effort further, he, too, passed out due to weakness and exhaustion during the recovery process.

"CALL FOR TWO STRETCHERS AT SECOND LEVEL IMMEDIATELY!" The mechanic yelled at the phone call, drawing Heeseung's attention, who had been looking for Yera for the past ten minutes.

"Have you seen—" Heeseung stopped asking him midway as his eyes landed on the elevator, which caused him to burn in jealousy. He clenched his jaw and tightened his fist to control his anger.

Yera was lying unconscious on Jake's lap; he too was unconscious. Their foreheads connected to each other as Jake still had his grip on her back despite his state.

He immediately ran into the elevator and picked up Yera from his lap, observing her with anxiety and fear. He chewed his bottom lip in regret.

"I shouldn't have shouted at you. Please forgive me, doll." Heeseung apologised to her while kissing her forehead as he ran to the doctor, examining her fragile condition.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️