This December | Origins

I was listening to this song and I really loved it. Fun fact, everytime I listened to this, I would feel the need to write a story or a chapter.

I loved this song so much, and I thought, Hey, could This December be a title for a book I can make?"

It did seem like a good title, and then I thought, If I did make it a story, what would happen?

And I thought for a moment. These lyrics came up: It's just a little bit / It's just a little bit lonely in this home it's always / Colder on your own / My darling I / I let the seasons change my mind

I obviously decided before it was going to be a Golden Guard x Reader, there was no changing my mind. 

And I thought just making it in the Boiling Isles again would be too expected because Promise, Crystal Clear, Brain Stew (Which I'm brain dead with. Dm me ideas! I'll credit!), and Happy Hour were all placed in the Boiling Isles. 

I needed a little change so I thought, Hey, why don't I place the story in the human realm?

And that's what I did. I need a little inspiration to start the first chapter off, so I searched Hunter, Luz, and Vee on google because I wanted to add Luz and Vee into the story to pose as his sisters

And I found this:

Art not mine, belongs to Tuckurd on Twitter

Before I saw this, I was struggling on how everyone covered their ears, and boom, this saved me the time of deciding.

I wanted to make you head to school when you met up with the three, plus Gus and Willow. I also put some time between meeting Gus, Willow, and Hunter, and you know them.

It'd be easier for me to make you know them than having the friendship fresh and new.

One of the other reasons on me naming the story This December is because I wanted you and Hunter's friendship, soon relationship, to be like the lyrics in the song. 

For example: Only in my darkest moments can I see the light / I think I'm prone to getting blinded when its bright / Well, this December, I'll remember/ Want you to see it when I do / Ooh / God knows I do / I'm alright if you're alright / And I'm okay if you're okay

"I'm alright if you're alright, I'm okay if you're okay" 

I wanted you to have a closer relationship with Hunter where it's kind of goofy, but meaningful (Like Promise)

I wanted you and Hunter to be close so you didn't want to say goodbye to Hunter so soon when he had to go.

Originally, the idea of the talent show was to let Hunter sing This December to you as a confession. 

I scrapped that because it would seem too out of character and I was already pushing my limits.

Another idea was to let Hunter leave and let you stay back and wait for him, as promised. Then in like, five months, he'd come to your house and you'd have this heartwarming reunion.

I scrapped that too because I need DRAMA.

That's all I wanted to say! I'll see you guys later in Mr Loverman!

~Buttercup <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 | 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝 [𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏] 🎉