Chapter one: Enjoy?

Everything was black.

Do you know why?

Well. because I'm blind.

I'm also on the ground, and I know what your thinking "aw the poor blind kid fell" and you would be wrong for thinking that.

I was pushed....

You would think that me being blind would kind of ward off bullies, but it doesn't. I get bullied just like any other teenager. It's a little more consistent on days like this. You see, I usually walk home with Jennifer, she's my best and only friend. But today she left school early, so I walked home alone with my walking stick.

Did i mention that she usually keeps people away from me? That's why I'm kinda on the ground. (Not kinda, I am, and my elbows hurt)

Jeffery Ken is the reason I'm on the ground. Well him and "His posse". They like to harass me when I'm alone. It doesn't bother me most of the time, unless it becomes physical like it did today. They shout countless names and whisper insults behind my back (I mean come on I'm blind not deaf) I never let any of it get to me. Honestly it makes me feel sort of normal, most people just pity me of try to give me special treatment, but they just treat me like everyone else, plus I like to joke about my disability, it makes most people uncomfortable but it's kind of my way to cope I guess.

I've been this way since I was born, there was a 5% chance that I would see by the time I was three. Which -If you didn't know- is very low. My parents were devastated, but they still tried their best to treat me like a normal kid. I was homeschooled through elementary school -mostly for my own safety- and I started private school in the 7th grade. Im a freshmen in high school at the moment.

I'm Dylan Dunham, a blind ninth grader and this is what it's like to be me.... Enjoy?