Introduction and Applications

The room erupted in noise. Yells asking "what's going on?" People shoving to get to the front. Laughs that he thought he had a chance at winning. Shouts for their favorite player to take home the gold. The camera shutter as it captured that moment in its film. 

Neither of them heard any of that. 

What they did hear was the breaking of glass against skin. 

"What the fuck?!"

"Whoa, man, calm down!"

"Someone break them apart!"

"You're insane!"

"Are they okay?!"

The glass struck again, and this time, instead of inducing noise, created a still silence, the only sound to be found the blood slowly making its way down his forehead and dripping onto the fresh carpet. 

cold open: an original applyfic written by nicholas, thepatronuswriter

***

Giving this story a description was a challenge. It's best to go into this story completely blind, including the sign up process. Make any teenager you would like! The only requirement is that they go to public school.

RULES

-You can apply with multiple characters, but I will only choose one per person unless otherwise specified.

-Not everyone has an insane amount of trauma previous to this. Remember, they're high schoolers. Not everyone has gone through an extremely traumatic situation at this point.

-Be creative! Make characters with unique archetypes. Not everyone's going to be nice. I love seeing unique characters. 

-I will ultimately have say over what happens to characters. Characters will die. If you don't want to see your character die, this isn't the applyfic for you.

-Not every character will be automatically accepted. If I need more from the form or your character doesn't work with the story, your character may be altered or not used. However, I will do my best to include every character in the story, even if they aren't in the cast of main characters.

-The password is your favorite place to go. Can be anywhere.

-This is the 90s. Stuff that is the norm now was not the norm back then. Keep this time period in mind when creating characters.

-This story is rated mature for strong language, drug abuse, death, graphic gore, sexual assault, and more. This is a horror novel. If you're worried about specific content, ask me personally.

~~~

~~~

FORM

name (full & nicknames)
if there's a nickname, please state who calls them that.

age
anywhere from 14-18

grade
9th-12th (freshman-senior). this takes place in america so i'm using the american school system.

birthday
month and date, not year

gender/pronouns
remember, this is the 90s. being non-cis was not socially acceptable.

sexuality
again, this is the 90s. while there were people that were out as LGBT, it was not common and would not be highly socially acceptable.

height
approximate or exact

face claim + backup
celebrity that best represents how your character appears. height, birth sex, pronouns, sexuality, voice, and such features do not have to match up. pictures and gifs will be used as reference while writing.

personality
be detailed. this is the most important part of the form. also, nobody is perfect, so no mary-sues or gary-stus. 

clothing style
(ex: "minimalistic," "loves flannels," "hates jewelry," "sloppy," etc are all perfectly acceptable)

family + backstory
family members, home life, past trauma, etc

likes
list 3+

dislikes
list 3+

fears
note which are phobias (if any) and which can be dealt with

friends
who do they get along with? who is their best friend?

quotes
things they say. do they swear? are they firmly against it? do they have a catchphrase?

aesthetic
theme songs, colors, scents, and anything along those lines. these help me get a better sense of the character's vibe.

other
anything you want to add that wasn't already in the form. ideas: disabilities, others' opinions of them, preferences for the story (will not always be stuck by), habits, hobbies, nervous tics.

tags
are appreciated

password

***

The due date is JUNE 10TH!

There are at least 8 slots to fill. More can be added due to demand. 

People I think may be interested: TheThestralWriter Cynarr mat3ri0lg1rl gcldenlightwood IAmJustMeXD SammiPhoenix iMeowmeow654 golden-rebel PhantomInvasions