19: Replacement

(Chapter - 19)

"She just fainted due to exhaustion, Mr. Lee. You can go and meet her, she is back to consciousness." The doctor informed Heeseung before leaving to attend his further appointments.

"And what about Jake?" The doctor stopped right away when Heeseung asked him the question.

"He is doing fine as compared to his previous state. His stitches didn't open up and it's a big relief."

"Thanks doctor." Heeseung smiled formally at him before entering Yera's room.

Yera was absent-mindedly looking towards the white roof of the room, not having any thoughts at all.

Suddenly, the room door opened, causing her to flinch and get alert, but as soon as she got to know it was Heeseung who entered the room, she made a sulky face while avoiding to make a note of his presence.

"Hi there!" Heeseung waved a hand towards her as he took a seat on the stool that was kept near the bed. The girl, on the other hand, was ignoring him like the oxygen one breathes in.

"So how..."

"How is the bed?" Heeseung asked Yera foolishly, causing her to sigh in frustration.

'Why the hell would you ask that, Heeseung?' He scolded himself mentally.

"Well, you can simply get out of the room and ask the hospital regarding it. They would know better." Yera clapped back at him, utterly disappointed that he was not at all concerned about her.

"That's not what I meant to say!" Heeseung whispered-shouted while getting up from his seat.

"I don't care what the fvck you meant to say, get out right now, Lee." Yera spat the words at him while pressing the emergency bell that was hanging just above the bed.

"Are you forcing me to get out of the room, huh?" Heeseung asked her, having a moment of shock. He walked closer towards her bed, only to stumble onto Yera.

"You stupid-" Yera stopped speaking midway as her eyes went towards the ethereal man whose face was just inches away from hers.

His pale yellow eyes still allured her.

"Why are you so beautiful?" Heeseung said it out to her, but before she could react to it, a nurse barged into the room.

"I AM REALLY SORRY SIR AND MA'AM!" The nurse yelled an apology as she closed the door once again.

Heeseung and Yera got back to their senses at the immediate moment. Yera quickly pushed Heeseung away from her while clearing her throat and gaining her composure back.

"Well, I gotta go now," Heeseung said, shyly scratching the back of his neck as he exited the room.

"Why do I act so dumb in front of her?" Heeseung asked himself as he put his hand towards his heart, feeling its pace.

"What happened?" Jake low-key judged Heeseung's weird behaviour as the nurse moved his wheelchair.

"Nothing," Heeseung mumbled, and was about to leave.

"Where are you going?" Heeseung halted as he turned towards Jake.

"I am going to meet that girl." Jake told him.

"You can't meet Yera." Heeseung blocked his way by standing in front of him while glaring at him.

"Yera?" Jake widened his eyes in shock.

"But she-"

"She is just another girl with the same name. Don't misunderstand." Heeseung explained it to him with a stoic demeanour.

"Were you that impressed by that good-for-nothing girl that you brought another girl in her place?" Jake snarled as he clenched his jaw in anger.

"How dare you call her good-for-nothing?" Heeseung bent down to his level while grabbing his shirt by the collar.

"She used you for money! Try to believe me once, for god's sake!" Jake attempted to explain to him, as the hospital staff gathered around to let Jake out of his grip.

"Mr. Lee, don't harm our patients and adhere to the protocols." A senior doctor intervened.

"I would never trust you, get that tattooed in your mind." Heeseung glared at him as he let go of his collar.

"Do whatever you want to, but don't toy with Yera." Jake warned him as he walked past him while nudging his injured shoulder, causing Jake to groan in pain.

"Don't treat her like a mere replacement!"

"That bastard..." Jake mumbled as he motioned the nurse to go towards Yera's room.

"Hi Yera!" Jake entered the room as the nurse pushed the wheelchair close to her bed.

Jake told the nurse to leave afterwards when he felt he was doing okay.

"Hi mister," Yera shyly greeted him back as a smile etched on her face.

"I am Jake!" Jake beamed at her.

"I have heard your name somewhere, I can't remember..." Yera scratched her head while thinking.

Jake picked up a packaged water bottle that was placed on the bedside to drink.

"Maybe news, television, billboards-"

"I SAW YOUR NAME IN SUBWAY SURFERS!" Yera cheered happily, whereas Jake choked on water due to embarrassment.

'Here goes my self-esteem...' Jake thought.

"Are you okay, Jake?" Yera asked while leaning forward towards him due to concern.

"I-I am okay," Jake's cheeks turned pink, too taken aback as he observed her face this close to his.

"Why are your cheeks turning pink?" Yera asked as she looked at him worriedly.

"It's actually really hot in here. Could you decrease the room temperature?" Jake asked while fanning himself.

"It's eighteen degrees, the minimum." Yera told him as she noticed the temperature.

"Should I call for a doctor?"

"No, I am alright, I told you." Jake chuckled as he observed her going into panic mode.

'You captured my heart with your overflowing sweetness...'

To be continued...

A short chapter ^^

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️