Prologue

Prologue.

Standing there, her bright blue hair blowing in the wind her half mask strapped across her eyes, she stared at the dracs heading her way she felt a pang she hadn't felt for a long time. She was scared. She never got scared, ever. There was just so many of them this time, she had no idea what was going on but it was not good.

There was just four of her crew left now, not enough to take on so many dracs. No scarecrow were present which was something but this was a planned attack she could tell by the sheer number of them. How had they tracked them down.

Her crew all exchanged a look, They knew the formation, we had done it hundreds of times before. Today however we were greatly outnumbered. She didn't know how any of them would get out if this alive but they would die trying.

There must have been a good 50 of them heading their way. They had been fighting this battle against better living indistries for 18 months now together, and they were good, really good. Rarely getting injured but today felt different.

Closing her eyes for a second she thought of the ones they had lost. Too many lives had been taken by these bastards at BL/Ind and they could be next. She couldnt shake this sense of impending doom.

With a deep breath she drew out her blue raygun, the perfect colour match for her hair, gave it a kiss for luck and starting firing forward. She saw her crew all exchange a look and run towards the dracs shooting. They could feel it too. She had a bad feeling about this, but it was too late to run.

At first it seemed like they were getting somewhere. Dracs were dropping all around them, their blood splattering the dusty desert floor. She tried to forget there was a person under the mask, they were mindless drones now, their humanity wiped out long ago.

Ducking, rolling and continuous shooting was taking its toll tiring her out. As if in slow motion she felt an intense heat hit her shoulder followed by her head hitting the sand. She didnt have time to brace her self for the impact and it winded her sending even more pain shooting around her body. Her blue hair fell messly over her face sending dirt flying through the air.

Glancing up through her hair, barely able to move she saw her crew one by one fall to the ground, blood was everywhere. She had no energy left to scream and she could feel the wetness pouring from her shoulder now, her vision getting fuzzy. This wasn't how they were meant to go out. There was so much left in the fight for them, it couldn't end this way. The pain became too much, her energy drained now, she couldnt fight the fuzziness anymore.

Then there was nothing but darkness.