Love U

"Lightning slash I shouted as purple electrical energy surged from the palm of my hands at the same time, Xiao charged the hilltrolls with a slash of wind. The air around us took on a purple hue as a whirl pool of electro-infused wind picked up the remaining hilltrolls.

 I let out a deep breath. I had been on a Commission to help a town with an overpopulation of savage hill trolls. I ran into Xiao along the way. Apparently, the hill trolls were demon-possessed! I tried to stay professional but being on a mission with Xiao made my heart flutter. I've been on a few Commissions with him before and had developed strong feelings for the Adeptus. 

I was quickly shaken from my thoughts by the sound of Xiao's labored breathing. "Are you ok?" I asked. 'I'm fine" he snapped back but I noticed a slight limp when he started walking back towards the town. "Xiao I really think you should let me check your leg. It could be seriously hurt." 

I reached toward his shoulder but he turned around and blocked my wrist before I could touch him. "I told you I was fine" he responded harshly. "I  think I should head back to the Adventurers Guild," I muttered quietly. The cold look was gone from his eye but I got the message. He was not interested in me.

 I was just about to leave when his voice stopped me. "It's far too dangerous at night. Come stay at Wangshu Inn with me and we can leave first thing tomorrow morning." He almost sounded concerned but his harsh tone from before shook that thought away. "I can take care of myself," I said failing to hide the slight shaking in my voice. 

"Listen" Xiao looked down at his feet, "I'm sorry about my reaction earlier. I just wasn't expecting you to touch me. So please, come to Wangshu Inn with me. There is something I have been meaning to talk to you about." I blushed slightly looking into Xiao's eyes. He avoided my gaze. "Let's get going," he said back to his aloof tone. "It's getting dark." 

When we got to the inn Xiao locked himself in the bedroom. It had been around an hour and he still hadn't told me what he wanted to talk about.  I knocked on his door and then opened it without waiting for a response.

 Xiao was on his bed, seated so that he could look out the window. He continued leaning against the window for some time, seemingly lost in thought before I heard his voice, barely audible begin to say "I am an Adeptus. My sole purpose is to protect this world from demons. I want none of your feelings. Do you understand?"

 Oh, I understood. He had taken my feelings and shoved them away. "I understand," I said quietly. Suddenly Xiao turned from the window looking at me with a new intensity. " Despite my efforts" Xiao mumbled, "I seem to have started, a little, to love you."

 I stood there, mouth open, unable to speak. "Don't look at me like that" Xiao growled. "I refuse to hurt you and my feelings will only do that" 

I slowly started walking towards him and sat on the bed. Our faces were inches apart and I could hear the fast beating of his heart against mine. I reached toward his face and gently traced his jawline. He grabbed my wrist abruptly an unreadable expression in his eyes. "Did you not hear what I just said? All I'm capable of doing is hurting you" "Xiao, you could never hurt me." I grabbed his face and cupped it in my hands. His eyes widened at the contact, but he did not move away this time.

 Xiao pulled me towards him so that I fell on top of him on the bed. I felt his quickened breath on my face. My full weight was on him and I had the sudden realization that I was crushing him. I went to move but Xiao pushed me back down wrappping his arms tigher around me. They tighthened even more as I leaned in to whisper into his ear "I would be lying if I said that I too have'nt fallen for you" I felt Xiao's nails digging into my skin.

 "Say it" he purred a look of pure lust in his eyes. I felt Xiao's heart beat even faster against mine. "I love you." I was shocked by how right those words felt. Xiao's arms relaxed relasing their grip from my back. I pulled myself up, wrapping my legs around Xiao's torso. 

Back against the wall, he was studying me intensly. Xiao's eyes widened as I gently brushed my lips against  his cheeck, his ear, the purple diamond on his forehead. Xiao let out a grunt and I realized my knee was digging into his broken leg.

"I'm hurting you" I gasped as I went to move away but Xiao stopped me. He held my face with his hands a smile playing across his lips. "You could never hurt me" he insisted repeating my own words back to me. "But Xiao -" I started to say. I was interrupted by the smashing of his lips against mine.  I felt his fingers going through my hair, caressing my cheek, pressing against my neck. 

"What you said to me, I'm not going to let you take those words back." "I love you Xiao" I repeated again "and I'm never going to stop loving you." He nodded bringing me closer to him. "Good" he sighed resting his head against mine. I felt his breathing slow down as he fell asleep and I had never in my life been happier. 

The End! If you guys want another oneshot please let me know in the comments. 

------ Mandy <3