1

It started off as any other normal day for the Lawerence family: Johnny woke up to his wife, Shannon, typing away on her laptop working on her law firm's latest case before they were rudely interrupted by their young daughter, Lauren (named after Johnny's mother Laura who had died just before Robby was born), calling for breakfast.

"Robby! Perfect timing. What do you want?" Johnny asked as their 17-year-old son walked in the kitchen whilst looking down at his phone. "Uh... He's making breakfast?" He questioned his little sister.
"Unfortunately." She answered.
"Hey. I'm slaving over here." Their father complained.
"I'll just get some toast." Robby decided.
"Toast, toast. That's made with bread right?" Johnny joked making Robby roll his eyes. "Come on, you used to alway laugh at my jokes."
"I used to be nine." Robby reminded him still looking down at his phone.
"Ah, the good ol' days. Hey, I need you to watch your sister tonight, okay?"
"No, I can't do it. I'm busy."
"I know, watching your sister. Come on, it's a big night for me and your grandfather, we've got the State of the Union."
"For me too. I told Demetri I'd help him with something."
"With what?"
"It doesn't matter." Robby said going back to his phone.
"It doesn't matter because I won't like it or because I won't understand it."
"Both."
"Okay, now I really want to know."
"He's laying down a new dubstep track and I need to write a program for him."
"I understood 'him'." Johnny stated causing Robby to chuckle. "On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do I embarrass you?"
"11!" Robby exclaimed.
"Excellent."
"Hey, you finish your English paper yet?" Shannon quizzed her son as she joined them in the kitchen.
"Uh, in theory." He replied.
"Finish it!" She demanded as Robby walked out eating his slice of toast.

/ /

That evening just before he was supposed to leave for the State of the Union, Johnny got a call from his father, giving him another assignment for the night. "What's a designated survivor?" Johnny questioned when he was offered it.

/ /

But that night, everything changed. Johnny opened the bulletproof blinds of the undisclosed location to see the Capitol building on fire as his secret service detail scrambled to close them again. In the car they told him that he was now the acting President of the United States.

(A/n: Tom = Johnny, Alex = Shannon, Mike = Kreese)

It was no bother finding and bringing Lauren to the White House but it turned out that Robby had lied to his parents and was not at his friend, Demetri's house.

Meanwhile, Robby was out with his friends from his private school for the children of D.C's elite at an underground club with loud electronic music and it's occupants were blissfully unaware of the situation up on the streets of D.C.

Robby was making out with his sort-of girlfriend Tory Nichols-Barnes, whose father was Michael Barnes, the D.A. of Washington, D.C.

The club's patrons were rudely interrupted by the D.C. police and Secret Service who were looking for Robby. The underage students ran for their lives but Kreese caught up to Robby and pulled him back down a couple of stairs calling him name "Robby!"
"Get the hell off me, man!" He shouted back not realising who it was once he turned around he said "Mr. Kreese? What are you doing here?"
"We have to go home. Now."

/ /

In the car, Robby asked how they found him and Kreese told him some elaborate story about how they hacked their phones and picked up on key words.
"Really?" Robby questioned.
"No. We pinged your phone, you're not exactly a criminal mastermind." As the driver missed the turn for their street Robby said "I thought you were taking me home."
"I am."

/ /

Once Robby had arrived at his new home his mom explained everything to him as well as scolding him for lying to them and going to a club. Robby went to check on his sister who was struggling to understand all the sudden changes. "I know you're scared Peanut but everything's going to be okay."
"But why are we here?"
Robby looked around the grand bedroom that seemed to drown his little sister "Cause this, uh... this is gonna be our new home."
"But why?"
"Because some bad people did something bad tonight, and it's Dad's job to make sure we're all safe."
"Are you scared?"
Robby chuckled "Yeah."
"Is Daddy?"
"Are you kidding? Dad's not scared of anything."

Unbeknownst to both of them Johnny had been standing in the doorway the whole time having been on his way to try and calm Lauren down as Shannon had told him she was very scared and confused but Robby had obviously beaten him to it. Johnny was indeed scared of his new job but his kids' belief in him made him feel a whole lot better and went to address the American people for the first time.