3 hopeless romantics

First edit: 01/06/22
Recent edit: 27/12/22

Y/N's POV

"Steve get out! I need to shower, and if you keep taking ages doing your hair I'm going to end up being late!" I shout at him banging on the bathroom door.

I was supposed to shower first, as usual, but Steve had decided to be a pain in my ass today by going first and then taking forever to do his dumb hair. I needed to be at school as early as possible before the other band members came in so we could set up everything before the students arrived.

"I'm almost done!" He shouted back.

"I will kick this door down Steve I swear!" I shout louder this time as I keep banging on the door.

"Jesus you're so annoying," He says opening the door and rolling his eyes.

"Says the guy who spends 2 hours getting ready," I say shutting the door.

...

In 30 minutes I'm done showering, I get out of the bathroom and bang on Steve's door as I make my way to my room.

"See you don't need to take hours in the bathroom!" I shout at him walking into my room and closing my door.

I change into the outfit I had already prepared the night before and dry my hair as I try to make it look nice, grab my school bag, my bag with the band uniform, and open the door.

"Steve are you ready?" I ask him as I grab the car keys and open the front door, "We still need to pick up Robin, if you're not out in 30 seconds I'm driving your precious car" I say walking out.

"Don't you dare!" He shouts at me as he comes out of his room and runs towards me snatching the keys out of my hands.

I close the door as he gets in the driver's seat and I follow him getting in the passenger's seat.

"This is ridiculous, I mean what time is it?" Steve asks starting the car and driving off to pick up Robin.

"It's 7:10," I tell him looking at my watch.

"What is the need to leave so early?!" He asks annoyed turning to look at me, "Let me guess you're going to kiss behind the school with that freak?"

I turn to look at him confused, "What freak?"

"Eddie the freak," He says and I roll my eyes as I turn on the radio.

"First of all, he's not a freak," I say, "And secondly I don't like him" Steve turns to look at me and rolls his eyes shaking his head.

"You're full of bullshit, we both know you like him," he tells me

"No, I don't" I reply.

"Yeah right, as if all you do lately isn't talk about him, 'Oh Eddie is so funny haha', 'Oh Eddie stood up for me and shouted at the basketball guys," Steve says imitating my voice.

"I don't sound like that," I say shaking my head as I look at him.

"Yes, you do" He parks the car outside of Robin's house and presses the horn letting her know we have arrived, "You sound like a moron whenever you talk about him"

"I do not! I sound completely normal when I talk about Eddie" I reply defensively.

"So you admit you talk about him!"

"Well of course I talk about him, he's my friend you idiot!" I turn to look at Steve rolling my eyes.

"Yeah but that's the thing, you don't talk about him as a friend" I sigh, what even is he talking about?