The Way To Fall Asleep With A Record

It was almost the strike of midnight in the sky, an unusual time for a certain fellow of the black bulls to be awake in. Asta, for the very first time in his life, struggled to go to sleep.

Normally, it would take him less than a minute to crash down his mattress and fall into his deep slumber, but right now no matter how hard he twisted and turned his own body on his bed countless times, he still felt restless.

He sat up from his bed with a low groan and stared into the empty space losing himself in his thoughts as a distraction in hopes of ever falling asleep.

He wondered to himself, was he homesick? Did he really miss the thought of sleeping in his old bed back at hage?

His face curled into amusement at the mere thought. No that can't be, he had just spent the weekend there a few days ago it would be enough time for him to relieve it. Has he gone mad?

Possibly, tho he doesn't consider it as one of the top ten reasons he was. Yet.

Did his injuries cause it? They might have caused him to be slightly sore. Especially with what they dealt with back at spade, not everyone has had the heart to be emotionally recovered yet too.

He cautiously looks over to his abnormal right arm, running his gaze along the red streaks with upmost curiosity. He shook his head off, there was no way it wasn't just him.

Dr. Owen had it confirmed already, his body is in great shape, apart from his "unexplained infested arm" a name given ever so kindly to him by his squad mate Noelle, he is more than capable to help rebuild the spade kingdom damages!

He scratches his head concerned whether this was a medical issue or whether it was just his own abnormal brain conducting a whole trash orchestra with whatever rotten brain cells he has left.

He took a look at his right arm, he shot deep glares at it, the only person who could tell its well-being was his  brother, Liebe.

But given that Liebe is well known to wander off in the night outside his grimoire and sleep across the day, he doesn't have many chances to call him so leisurely.

With a heavy and deep seethed sigh he rolled his eyes, "This is annoying" He runs his rough hands through his face, much to his disappointment.

Every time he closed his eyes he always jerks back awake, he was beginning to get irritated, annoyed even. The urge to go downstairs and enjoy a nice tatoe starting to rupture in his veins, he really wanted to sleep, there's already a big day ahead tomorrow and his brain wasn't able to turn off like he wanted.

"Can't sleep?" a raspy voice appears behind him, it was his brother liebe. He certainly made him flinch for a split second but upon realizing who it was he hunched back his shoulders and let his guard down.

He groaned, tilting his chin up to the ceiling as he let's himself fall back helplessly to the sheets. The fellow devil raises a brow, crossing his arms right after.

"Nope, but don't expect me to give up trying" he replied closing his eyes manipulating the drowsiness to enter his body as a ticket to dream world. "And how do you plan on doing that?" his older brother asked suddenly reappearing just looming over him at the right side of his bed with a blank unreadable look on his face.

He crossed his brows in annoyance. He'd go out of his way to chase him down for ruining his almost achieved sleep, but that act can only committed if it weren't for the whole squad in the building sleeping.

"Can you shut up for a moment can't you see I'm trying to sleep here?" he said bitterly through his teeth, liebe continued stare at him "Yes, and I'm asking how are you going to get that?" this time the devil smirked clearly finding pleasure in teasing his brother.